Oh, it's great to be back home again!... or is it?

Jack D
Posted
Posted

When my wife first arrived in the USA from the Philippines, she was extremely homesick and she wanted to go back home asap... but now, she'll only go back for a visit if (and when) COVID-19 is eradicated.

For personal reasons, we both went back to the Philippines for a visit last year and it was a nightmare. First, our PAL flight was diverted from Manila to Cebu, and then we were held as prisoners in a 'so-called government approved quarantine hotel.'

By the time that we were allowed to leave Cebu, we only had several hours left to visit our Luzon family and friends in Manila.

So, when ang asawa (my wife) chats with friends and relatives back home now, she's happier than a pig in $H*t that she's in a country where she can come and go as she pleases without any of the Covid-19 restrictions that are in place back home.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Nice that you are happy back in the USA "where she can come and go as she pleases without any of the Covid-19 restrictions that are in place back home.".   How is that working out for the rest of the USA population? :whistling:

USA                     Philippines
Population                 331 million             109 million
Cases                       35,407,683               1,627,816
Deaths                           615,215                   28,247
Active cases              5,674,416                   66,895
Cases yesterday           112,277                     7,283

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 3

Jack D
Posted
Posted

Can’t really answer that on an open forum for obvious reasons but if you want my answer, I can only say it in a pm. Just let me know.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

You could express your opinion Jack .

Its a forum where we dont all have to agree with each other, and frequently dont.

Say what you think... seems everyone and their dog have a covid opinion, a vax opinion and seems most of the rest of the world have no problem in sharing and in many cases oversharing.  I have no dog in this fight but always good to hear members here defend a position... .especially when they believe they are in a "better place than others "

• Like 3

Jack D
Posted
Posted (edited)

Moved below 

Edited by Jack D

Jack D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

You could express your opinion Jack .

Its a forum where we dont all have to agree with each other, and frequently dont.

The trouble is that I’d be viewed as starting a Pi$$ing contest, and the forum’s management will shut down the topic.

If you guys want my true response to Mike J’s post, you’re more than welcome to pm me for my thoughts. While other members can say what they wish about COVID-19, I’d be in deep sh*t.

• Thanks 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I’m going back soon but without the wife. I won’t come back until the quarantine stay is lifted, did the 10 day one in May. I don’t think I will ever be able to stay in either place for long periods, I start to miss where i’m not.

Actually my wife has forced my hand this time because I need to find some work, she bought some beach propert in Cabangan Zambales and my safety net is almost gone, I feel like I’m sinking in quik sand.

Im not looking forward to working but happy to go back. Snohomish PUD is hiring as well as The California ISO but I don’t think I can do shift work again, going to have to find some contract work. Oh well, time to cowboy up I guess. Amazon?

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack D said:

The trouble is that I’d be viewed as starting a Pi$$ing contest, and the forum’s management will shut down the topic.

If you guys want my true response to Mike J’s post, you’re more than welcome to pm me for my thoughts. While other members can say what they wish about COVID-19, I’d be in deep sh*t.

Balony

Only if a topic gets too argumentative or causes complaints from members would or do we interfere with a topic unless it's so far off topic where it is useless. Some people just want to keep pushing their views in every topic they can, wouldn't matter if it was about planting a flower some members over the years would find a way to push their agenda whatever that may be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1