Does anyome know when the borders will open up

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Guy F. said:

hotels in Cebu have implemented a 7 day quarantine. If it gets down to 3 days I'll be tempted.

But what will you do when you get there.  From pictures I have seen, there is nowhere to go have fun.  You might end up isolated in your condo baking cakes. :cornflakes:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife was released from a ten day quarantine in Cebu last Monday. She heard talk about quarantines being reduced to seven days "soon". But who knows. 

Edited by Old55

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You might end up isolated in your condo baking cake

Cheesecakes are no bake type if you were referencing me :tiphat:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well parts of Manila have had another extension of MEQC until September the 7th

Yep and I am caught right in the middle of it :huh:. I think I poorly conveyed my thoughts :571c66d400c8c_1(103): again :hystery:. What I was trying to get across is that more and more of these so called "advisory" groups are realizing the futility of the current "lock 'em down" system and are pushing for the more easily enforced granular lock down system.

They are starting to realize that the current lockdown, contact trace, test and isolate is plainly not working. Unlike a place like New Zealand where with one new case they lockdown the entire country (and enforce it), test all possible contacts then isolate those infected.

Here IF (and its a big IF) they actually trace a contact, they are only "advised" to get tested (at their own cost) to get tested and isolate. So if a daily wage earner who makes 500 pesos a day and is the breadwinner is told he should get tested for 3k pesos and isolate for 2 weeks, well we all know what he or she will do.....just keep going to work. Here is a pretty good article that explains it better  A bad sign (msn.com) 

Authorities are already beginning to prepare for the Granular system PNP to prepare for implementation of granular lockdowns —Eleazar (msn.com) 

But naturally even if they do change their approach, it will all depend on how well it is enforced. :whatever:

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, scott h said:

They are starting to realize that the current lockdown, contact trace, test and isolate is plainly not working. Unlike a place like New Zealand where with one new case they lockdown the entire country (and enforce it), test all possible contacts then isolate those infected.

Yes and its not working.......Who was that said....Lunacy lock downs.......

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

With the election season soon upon us I can see Covid reporting taking a back seat for a while, things opening up inside the country to keep people happy but International travel still being put on hold as our votes don't count. 

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

But what will you do when you get there.  From pictures I have seen, there is nowhere to go have fun.  You might end up isolated in your condo baking cakes. :cornflakes:

Catch up on sleep, read, write, websurf, play online poker, workout etc. More than 3 days of uninterrupted togetherness might be bad for my marriage. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Haha 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

With the election season soon upon us I can see Covid reporting taking a back seat for a while, things opening up inside the country to keep people happy but International travel still being put on hold as our votes don't count. 

The other side to that is those unemployed hospitality/tourism workers have votes that do count.  

To my mind, Philippine elections seem to be a lottery.  

Edited by BrettGC

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, scott h said:

Authorities are already beginning to prepare for the Granular system

They used to do that in Cebu city but seems to have disappeared or perhaps not needed at the moment.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic