Philippines opening up to tourists

4 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Has anyone heard anything to date about the possibility of us coming back?

Cheers

It depends an awful lot on your Status I feel 

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Has anyone heard anything to date about the possibility of us coming back?

Cheers

Unless you're married to a citizen or the parent of one, no.  Nothing new yet. 

• Like 4

Sadly tourists are the furthest thing on their minds at moment... The Pres is more intent on commenting on a senators hair, thats deemed way more important it seem.

Thailand is taking many steps to be able to attract and keep tourists safe and that seems to be a better bet at moment.

Nothing will happen in 2021 about tourists to Philippines.. but there may well be lots of announcements but as with everything at moment , its the small print that provides the real details of what you can do..not the big important sounding Press Release.

• Like 1

Thanks, so everything is the same but different. I am particularly interested as I have to decide whether to take an extension on my lease in the rental unit I am in.

So my thinking is that I am not going to get back in the Philippines until March/April next year.

Geoff , I hope I am wrong but that is what my crystal ball is saying,

Cheers everyone, please don’t hesitate to prove me wrong.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

So my thinking is that I am not going to get back in the Philippines until March/April next year.

If you are lucky. If you fly into Bohol you only need a recent test. There is no more quarantine. The rest of the country has restricted entry and quarantines. Back in May I thought the Philippines would open up to tourists by Christmas 2021. Now Christmas of 2022 seems like a better guess.

• Like 4

For the time being,  perhaps those in charge will continue to sail along in their own little Philippines (face-shield protected) parallel universe, until something 'big' happens... like bankruptcy, civil unrest, AND an empty begging bowl ? :89:

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

For the time being,  perhaps those in charge will continue to sail along in their own little Philippines (face-shield protected) parallel universe, until something 'big' happens... like bankruptcy, civil unrest, AND an empty begging bowl ? :89:

"They" are holding it hostage for the upcoming elections? 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

"They" are holding it hostage for the upcoming elections? 

The Pols here are not that smart

fix stupid.jpg

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, graham59 said:

That begging bowl must be near empty, and perish the thought of visas and all associated tourist cash cows increasing to fill it up again.

• Like 1