PDLs (prisoners) get COVID vaccines in Cebu City

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Although I agree that all should be vaccinated if they want it I dont agree that prisoners should get Pfizer considering a lot of others had no choice and a heap of Russian vax arrived the other day as well as China made.

Why give them whats considered a better brand? :89:

...............................................................................................................

CEBU CITY – The Cebu City Health Department (CCHD) on Monday, October 18, started its vaccination drive for persons deprived of liberty (PDLs) at the Cebu City Jail.

Dr. Jeffrey Ibones, chief of CCHD, said the city has been planning to vaccinate the inmates and that the inoculation to finally roll out is a welcome development.

First to receive COVID-19 vaccine are the PDLs at male dormitory, which houses at 6,000 inmates.

The City Jail’s female dormitory has less than a thousand PDLs.

PDLs who are already senior citizens and those with comorbidities will be prioritized, Ibones said.

The CCHD is looking to finish the vaccination within a week. The CCHD will be administering Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to attract more vaccinees.

Ibones clarified that the city intends to vaccinate all PDLs but the decision to take the vaccine is voluntary.

“We have been planning this but there was a time when our vaccine supply was still unstable. We have been communicating with the City Jail because it will be very difficult if one inmate gets infected. With this vaccination, hopefully visitation will be allowed again because it is disheartening for the inmates not to be visited by their loved ones,” Ibones said.

City Councilor Dave Tumulak said an initial 2,500 inmates have registered online for the vaccination.

“Just like ordinary citizens, our PDLs also deserved to avail of the vaccines,” said Tumulak.

https://mb.com.ph/2021/10/18/pdls-get-covid-vaccines-in-cebu-city/

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

it is disheartening for the inmates not to be visited by their loved ones,” Ibones said.

Oh, the poor darlings. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about these crims being given the vaccine ahead of a lot of upright citizens.  Perhaps a good way of cleaning up the gene pool ? :89:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

City Councilor Dave Tumulak said an initial 2,500 inmates have registered online for the vaccination.

Curious how a prisoner (PDL is too politically correct for me) is able to register online.  I was under the impression cell phones were not allowed. :89:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Curious how a prisoner (PDL is too politically correct for me) is able to register online.  I was under the impression cell phones were not allowed. :89:

lol, of course not the same system but still why should they have a top of class brand when many others could not? 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

top of class brand

A jab is a jab is a jab....I am sure that is the way they are looking at it.

My first thought was since, if I remember right, this is a two shot jab, are they giving this to only long term prisoners? Be a waste to give it to an inmate who is due to be released in 3 weeks.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, scott h said:

A jab is a jab is a jab....I am sure that is the way they are looking at it.

Disagree

But anyway anything could be considered as better than nothing .

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Disagree

Well, all I can say is that the wife and I both got the sinovac jabs, we both caught covid and we both recovered after having minor (in my case) or moderate (in my wifes) neither of us were hospitalized and recovered. While in the states, the wifes brother got the top class jabs and also got it and recovered. 

In the news today, colin Powell, double jabbed, just passed due to covid complications. Granted he has other problems and was near 90.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, scott h said:

Well, all I can say is that the wife and I both got the sinovac jabs, we both caught covid and we both recovered after having minor (in my case) or moderate (in my wifes) neither of us were hospitalized and recovered. While in the states, the wifes brother got the top class jabs and also got it and recovered. 

In the news today, colin Powell, double jabbed, just passed due to covid complications. Granted he has other problems and was near 90.

OK fine, not disputing it. Where's Gangbanger when we need him. This is the problem with covdid topics, No one will ever agree so I dont care.

Any vaccine is supposed work. For how long , no one knows. 

I just wanted to edit. My point was that many people here would not take China vax as they felt it was not good but when a western vax was available they did. 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

For how long , no one knows.

spot on.jpg

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted