Open for vaccinated tourists from green countries by year end?

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jamesmusslewhite said:

We have a friend who just returned from the States four days ago, and is presently held in the Manila 'Quarantine process' for 8-10 days at a cost of 6,000php (per day).

Just asking, why is he being held for 8/10 days. My wife is in touch with an hotel in Pasay For 2500 P per night twin share meals supplied, 850 P transfer car and requirements of only Four days if fully vaccinated. We have stayed in the Hotel and acceptable accommodation, not the Hilton but clean and friendly and the meals are Western/ PI cooked in their café/kitchen. After 3 days you are swabbed and if negative out you go on the forth day. :89:

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Just asking, why is he being held for 8/10 days. My wife is in touch with an hotel in Pasay For 2500 P per night twin share meals supplied, 850 P transfer car and requirements of only Four days if fully vaccinated. We have stayed in the Hotel and acceptable accommodation, not the Hilton but clean and friendly and the meals are Western/ PI cooked in their café/kitchen. After 3 days you are swabbed and if negative out you go on the forth day. :89:

I think you and your wife are looking at the last quarantine rules that were short lived.  The person that James mentioned might be unvaccinated.

https://pia.gov.ph/press-releases/2021/12/03/iatf-updates-testing-and-quarantine-protocols-apayao-now-under-alert-level-2

For fully vaccinated individuals, they shall be required to have a negative RT-PCR test conducted within 72 hours prior to departure from the country of origin.  Upon arrival in the Philippines, they shall undergo facility-based quarantine with an RT-PCR test taken on the 5th day, with the date of arrival being the first day.  Regardless of a negative result, they shall be required to undergo home quarantine up to the 14th day from the date of arrival.

In the case of individuals who are unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, or whose vaccination status cannot be independently validated, they shall be required a negative RT-PCR test conducted within 72 hours prior to departure from the country of origin. Upon arrival in the Philippines, they shall undergo facility-based quarantine with an RT-PCR test done on the 7th day, with the date of arrival being the first day. Regardless of a negative result, they shall be required to undergo home quarantine up to the 14th day from the date of arrival.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Clermont said:

My wife is in touch with an hotel in Pasay For 2500 P per night twin share meals supplied, 850 P transfer car

I have heard many bad stories about food at cheaper accommodations.  If you stay at a cheaper place, make sure they allow food deliveries.  Some don't.

There is a wide range of quarantine accommodations.  Some say "damn the cost" and stay at places like the Conrad Hilton next to MOA.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, jamesmusslewhite said:

I went to immigration yesterday to final renew of my VISA. I extended for three months, which means that March 4th I will have to do the VISA 'Out and In' to be allowed reentry back into the country. So I inquired about this supposed one year additional year VISA extension you mentioned earlier in your post. But they knew if no such policy having ever been enacted. The Surigao City branch regularly processes over 3,000 expats. So whatever former thread or posting must be erroneous.

We have a friend who just returned from the States four days ago, and is presently held in the Manila 'Quarantine process' for 8-10 days at a cost of 6,000php (per day). The folks at our local immigration branch strongly advised that our cheapest rout (in our own personal predicament), is to quickly apply for a 13(a) VISA, as it will hold the current VISA on hold while the 13(a) VISA is being processed. Once filed needed documents have been filed, the 13(a) can take several months to process. During that time I will not have need to travel out of country, even if my current VISA expires. It will be the least expensive option. The local hospital excursion literally hammered our remaining savings. We have been upgrading the little island resort and property over this last two years, plus we just added a couple of small aquaculture projects back in Spring. So filing for the 13(a) is really our only viable option at this point.

I really wish there was actually a policy for allowing an additional one year VISA extension, but alas it appears not

I also went to my local immigration as I was renewing my visa to take me up to the 36 months. I just came straight out to the immigration officer that I'll just continue to extend as per the change in the rules allowing extensions beyond 36 months. The guy just said " yes , no problem. "  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think you and your wife are looking at the last quarantine rules that were short lived.  The person that James mentioned might be unvaccinated.

Thanks for that, I think it will change again before we get there. The hotel manager is not aware of the new ordinance but if it is around the same days in quarantine it won't matter. As for the food, we used to stay and eat there and like you said, make sure there is take a ways allowed in. :cheersty:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Clermont said:

I think it will change again before we get there.

No doubt.  My friend posted this on FB and they literally changed the rules at 11:20 pm December 2nd for all passengers arriving after midnight on the 3rd.  So those vaccinated passengers had no idea what they were in for.

The same friend arrived from the U.S. a few weeks ago.  While he was quarantined in Makati, they reduced the quarantine days rule, but he still had to serve his original scheduled sentence.  No parole!

• Thanks 1