Jaguar F Type

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Saw my first new F Type here in Subic.  I like the styling.  It looked fairly small.

On the Jag PH web site, it says the coupe starts at p6,190,000, and that must be the 2.0 4 banger.  I think the one I saw is the F-Type R-Dynamic with 5.0 V8 450 HP.  Probably 10 mil?

IMG20211206155158.jpg

IMG20211206155153.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Jaguar F Type - For when you have so much money you have run out of places to spend it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

The 'real' British Jaguar (of which I have owned a few) died many years ago.  (Indian-owned now ?) 

As with the 'Mini'.... the name still proves profitable. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, graham59 said:

The 'real' British Jaguar (of which I have owned a few) died many years ago.  (Indian-owned now ?) 

As with the 'Mini'.... the name still proves profitable. 

Correct.  Jaguar is owned by Tata Motors.  They bought it from Ford in 2008.

Ford had purchased Jaguar/Land Rover in 1990 for 6.45 billion.  Ford then spent years and another several more billion more in trying to revive sales for Jag and Rover.   Fast forward to 2007/2008 financial crisis, sales are in the toilet, and Ford is hemorrhaging money.  So they sell Jaguar Land Rover to Tata for 1.8 billion. 

They also had to sell Aston Martin and Volvo, both at huge losses, in order to raise cash.   Volvo was sold to a Chinese company, Aston Martin is currently owned by a consortium who largest investor is Canadian. 

Ford learned their lesson (stick with what you know) and are doing much better now.  They own, build, and sell Fords. :tongue:

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Agree.

I've owned some very good Fords too. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Agree.

I've owned some very good Fords too. :thumbsup:

I owned a Mercury Mountaineer.  It was a really nice SUV, good ride and handling, and the full time four wheel drive made it a good winter driver.   The color was called "satellite silver" and I received a lot of complements.  Picture is from google but it is the same as the one I bought.  Sold it back to the dealer for a good price when we moved here to the Philippines.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Don't think I've any pics of my old Fords (mainly Cortina variants and Capris)... but here's a slightly rarer car I owned (and wish I still did !), which DOES have (in this model) a Ford-based engine, transmission, and rear axle. :smile:

1460252_10202738087193743_2144611631_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

Don't think I've any pics of my old Fords (mainly Cortina variants and Capris)... but here's a slightly rarer car I owned (and wish I still did !), which DOES have (in this model) a Ford-based engine, transmission, and rear axle. :smile:

1460252_10202738087193743_2144611631_n.jpg

I can't tell what that is from that angle.  Is that a Pinto?

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I can't tell what that is from that angle.  Is that a Pinto?

That sir, is a genuine Lotus Super Seven. :tongue:

• Love it 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

That sir, is a genuine Lotus Super Seven. :tongue:

Nice!  A buddy of mine here in Subic used to have a car restoration and parts business in the U.S., focusing on Triumph.  When he moved over here he never really sold or liquidated it, and has a big warehouse of cars and parts.  The warehouse was broken into recently and he had to take a damage control trip over.  Someone stole a trailered, fully restored TR 3 and all signs point to inside info.  Luckily, the police found it and he got it back undamaged.  So now he is selling it and the other cars he has in various conditions.  He has a really nice 66 (I think) Corvette Convertible "almost" all original with 40k miles on it, but, the engine was swapped for a bigger one, which devalues it.  I'll see if I can find out where he selling them and maybe I can post them, just for fun.

• Like 2