Silly laws

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I was wrong and arrogant in viewing this with my "superior" Western outlook

Nothing to apologize for Old. In my view it is never wrong to point out flaws and make suggestions on how to improve things. And it is not only a "Western" outlook. These type of thing do not occur in Japan, Korea or Singapore to name a few.

The Philippines just has a habit of:

shoot foot.jpg

• Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 12/17/2021 at 9:29 PM, hk blues said:

we almost never hear what the outcome was. I wonder how many cases are thrown out based on their weakness.

The cases are settled out of court.  Never mind who is right or wrong.  The only question is, how much do you have?  A court hearing could take years.  A good example is the number of accused persons in jail waiting for a trial date because they cannot afford a lawyer or post bail.  The accused could easily spend 5 to 10 years.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 12/19/2021 at 1:27 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

“It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done, but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done”.
Lord Hewart

Many of us have heard that statement.  Here is a link to its origin https://www.barandbench.com/columns/the-origins-of-justice-must-be-seen-to-be-done    The point is:  Justice in the Philippines almost ALWAYS fails as the people almost never see the results.

Almost always? 

• Like 2