Enchanted Kingdom

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

Screw them then. :tongue:

That is common.  They don't allow you to bring food into amusement parks in the U.S. unless it is baby food or special needs food.  The problem at EK was that their food service is terrible.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes, I recall that from when I took my (then 11 year-old) half Filipino son to the Orlando theme parks.

Then again, I thought we got good value and good quality for our money, in a first world civilised country, not an overpopulated, polluted third world dump of a city like Manila (being honest). 

PICT0021.JPG

Disney 011.jpg

Edited by graham59
  • Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I will cross Enchanted Kingdom off my list of things to do when we return to the Philippines.

Don, you might try PUGAD in La Union. It was very nice for a day trip back when I lived in Baguio. I even did their Superman zip line.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 4

Heeb
Posted
Posted

You couldn't pay me to get on a roller coaster in the Philippines, and I love roller coasters.

• Like 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Heeb said:

You couldn't pay me to get on a roller coaster in the Philippines, and I love roller coasters.

I sort of feel the same way about zip lines...

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Heeb said:

Just take a trip on one of their older buses. :mocking:

(And back in the early 90s, when I used to travel to Bicol from Manila....the train ! Standard gauge rolling stock on a narrow gauge line, with rotted out sleepers and hardly any ballast under warped lines.  You got seasick ! :laugh: )

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I feel the same way about almost ANYTHING involving H & S standards, in the Phils. :unsure:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Heeb said:

Part of the thrill is knowing that it could fly off the track at any moment!  So the Philippines coasters should be more thrilling!

When I lived in the Cincinnati area just before moving to PH, my friend lived next to King's Island, so I went several times.  When we were waiting in line for a coaster, I would remind his wife (who is in marketing) that amusement park marketing departments arranged for periodic equipment failures.  The failures make headlines and ridership goes way up!  :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Hmm thinking 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Well I did bungee jump and zipline in Thailand but I was much younger and invincible of course. The bungee jump was from a very high crane into a concrete swimming pool with no water. They weigh you with an old rusty bathroom scale and hand you a membership card with your weight printed on it, so you can skip that step next time I was told . I remember on the way up in the elevator the operator says to me "nobody die here Pattaya bungee jump" I says "that's good to hear" then he says "two people die Phuket bungee jump" ...yikes. Anyway it was a thrill so I did it twice, I was not sober.

Edited by Heeb
  • Haha 3