Wanna go to the Lion City?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I don't know why PAL even bothered to post this on their FB page.  Any takers for making memories of all the protocols?

Missing the Lion City? Make new memories that will surely last! Don't forget to have these requirements ready when you fly PAL safely from Manila to Singapore.

272852923_10159662933725867_3672145817282383327_n.jpg

graham59
Posted
Posted

Last time I flew to Singapore (from London) it took 3 days...with 7 stops for refuelling, etc. 

That was in 1955 though.  :wink:

• Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't know why PAL even bothered to post this on their FB page.  Any takers for making memories of all the protocols?

Missing the Lion City? Make new memories that will surely last! Don't forget to have these requirements ready when you fly PAL safely from Manila to Singapore.

272852923_10159662933725867_3672145817282383327_n.jpg

It is not open to tourists.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/DepartingFromThePH/Singapore

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Any takers for making memories of all the protocols?

I read today many countries are now requiring a booster shot for entry. When will it ever end.

• Sad 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Gas said:

I know.  They state on the picture, lower right, who can go.  So who will make these beautiful memories?

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have vacationed in SIngapore twice. But I won't be traveling there or anywhere else that requires you to do all those things for entry. I am getting to old to put up with all that crap. One exception will be the Philippines so my wife and daughter can visit family.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, earthdome said:

I have vacationed in SIngapore twice. But I won't be traveling there or anywhere else that requires you to do all those things for entry. I am getting to old to put up with all that crap. One exception will be the Philippines so my wife and daughter can visit family.

Yup, my point exactly!  I never saw such a list!  We would love to visit and my wife's niece lives there.  We saw them last in 2015.

We have been thinking about Malaysia when things ease up a bit.  Johor Bahru is right next to Singapore and they have some direct flights now.  My wife was looking at AirBnbs there and they are super nice and super cheap.  Modern 2 BR condo for like p3000.  They have a Legoland now and our family could stay there for a reasonable price.  I went there on a bus from Singapore in the late 90's, and it was not much.  Now they have high rises, etc.  Some of the beach resorts are really nice too, and they have some excellent diving.

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

Last time I flew to Singapore (from London) it took 3 days...with 7 stops for refuelling, etc. 

That was in 1955 though.  :wink:

Jetlag was not much of a problem back then, I suppose. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Viking said:

Jetlag was not much of a problem back then, I suppose. :thumbsup:

In those days you could walk on the wings to stretch your legs :laugh:

• Haha 4

graham59
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Johor Bahru is right next to Singapore

Yes, when I was a kid (with dad in the Royal Navy), we lived in Johor, but my siblings and I attended the Royal Naval School, across the 'Causeway' on Singapore island...where the British bases were located also.   :smile:

• Like 1