Amended travel entry requirements to enter the Philippines

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

What happened to the bit that says dual citizens and their spouses and dependents are exempted from the travel insurance requirement?

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Just received this message from a friend who is due to fly on the 20th March.  It's fair to say he is both confused and pissed off.

Good afternoon all. This is not going to be good news for quite a few people. I have just spoken to the British Embassay Consul in Manila. He has spoken to the head of the Tourism section at BI head office and was told that the people arriving from the 10th and availing the 30 day visa on arrival will NOT be able to extend past the 30 days. Only those people who have gone to an Embassy and have a tourist visa approved prior to arriving will be able to extend. The Consul did say though that perhaps there will be a change in this decision when March 10 comes. I just wanted to pass this on as I am sure it will affect some people.

• Like 2
  • I'm Confused 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Eddie1 said:

Just received this message from a friend who is due to fly on the 20th March.  It's fair to say he is both confused and pissed off.

Good afternoon all. This is not going to be good news for quite a few people. I have just spoken to the British Embassay Consul in Manila. He has spoken to the head of the Tourism section at BI head office and was told that the people arriving from the 10th and availing the 30 day visa on arrival will NOT be able to extend past the 30 days. Only those people who have gone to an Embassy and have a tourist visa approved prior to arriving will be able to extend. The Consul did say though that perhaps there will be a change in this decision when March 10 comes. I just wanted to pass this on as I am sure it will affect some people.

Left hand, right hand, not talking?

• Like 4