Passes to get anywhere in the Philippines

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

To cover all bases the GF went to the LGU and got me a pass from Manila to the province by motor vehicle (car) to show to anyone and everyone that wants to stop us to play the game of “I am in uniform so I am important “.

Better to cover all basis but once you leave the airport it will be plain sailing to Bicol with zero checkpoints. Unless you plan to take a plane or ferry nobody checks the spass and nobody follows any of the rules in Luzon! 

Edited by Gas
  • Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes the S-Pass is a difficulty for me as well.  Under level III foreigners arriving from outside of area X to CDO by airport or ferry were required to quarantine in a hotel for 5 days after arrival (and show a booking for that), home quarantine was not sufficient (as it was for others).  This is after having been allowed into the Philippines without hotel quarantine.

I was waiting for February 16 (when CDO went from level III to level II to see what the new rules were) but even under level II the 5 days quarantine in a hotel for me would remain.

So unless things change I won't be flying to CDO. 

I can possibly fly to Ozamiz (where much of the family live) no hotel quarantine requirement there but I would need to get an ok from the baranguay first (and show the vax certificate) so that's looking more likely right now. 

Edited by GeoffH

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

I'm sure they do, I just can't believe that all this rigmaroll that they are going on with is going to make the country any safer. What is their purpose of all this, are they seeing who can come up with the most outlandish restriction to see who gets on top of the sh==t heap. Well I'll tell you a lot of foreigners have struck the PI's of their list of visits, Health insurance, travel passes, jacked up prices for food, taxi's, hotel rooms, don't they realize the country is a low budget holiday country and a lot of their tourist's are pensioners. Their nationals are jack of it too, ( I'd like to write in some captions but it's political ). Shame on you Bureaucrats that are running this country, the only running you's are doing is running it into the ground, shame. :508:

Just read this today.....

PH receives over 9K inbound tourists since reopening: DOT  (Philippine News Agency) These are genuine tourists not BBs. Not to bad considering, perhaps if everyone followed the guidelines at time of departure travel would be smoother.

Friend of a close friend just arrived here from England, Manila Cebu. Never mentioned anything about hassles or issues.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, skippyscage said:

Every region and LGU has it's own rules, and the S-Pass has been here for at least 2 years since the start of the pandemic, so it should came as no surprise.

Some regions/LGUs have trashed the use of S-Pass and others are still using it, you can find out who by using the S-Pass website.

So it should come as no surprise, is that right? Maybe you live there, so it is no surprise to you! Try and convince me that I should have known about it while dealing with my own shite in my own country, go on tell me all about it.

• Like 1

skippyscage
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

So it should come as no surprise, is that right? Maybe you live there, so it is no surprise to you! Try and convince me that I should have known about it while dealing with my own shite in my own country, go on tell me all about it.

This has been all over TV News, Print News, Internet News, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok and whatever else people use here since the S-Pass began.

You state your GF lives here, so I would hope she would *notice* these things and let you know.

Or maybe not...

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

PH receives over 9K inbound tourists since reopening:

As I said shame on the bureaucrats, the tourist population was 3.92 mil in 2011 in 2019 8.26 mil, 9k tourist is nothing to crow about, do the sums on actual daily average. People are still sorting themselves out and if they don't fix their system up they'll miss the boat and head to other countries and the PI's will still have the mess we have to try and navigate when we want to return with our loved ones.:508:

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

You haven’t put a very strong case forward, is that all you got?

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, skippyscage said:

This has been all over TV News, Print News, Internet News, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok and whatever else people use here since the S-Pass began.

You state your GF lives here, so I would hope she would *notice* these things and let you know.

Or maybe not...

My girlfriend was aware of the S-Pass but where she lives it is evidently not being checked or required to travel around, she assumed that because I was coming to CDO that I wouldn't need it either.  

• Like 1

skippyscage
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

My girlfriend was aware of the S-Pass but where she lives it is evidently not being checked or required to travel around, she assumed that because I was coming to CDO that I wouldn't need it either.  

it's fluid and keeps changing in each LGU