Dasig Sugbo issues

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Genuine question  - how would they know who you voted for? 

OK I asked again what the situation was as its been awhile since she told me and l might have it wrong.

She said just now, They had one house in Tacloban and one in Samar inherited.

They could not get anything in Tacloban because they were in a subdivision so its assumed they had money so refused anything plus they voted in Samar so were not voters of Tacloban.

The mother lived in the Samar house as thats where she worked, father deceased but ex police so again assumed to have money.

Aid was given in Samar but house still in ruins today in Tacloban.

So I was a bit off but thats what happens at my age :smile:

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

My spouse explains that it is very simple. Whatever national candidate gives the most money to the barangay to hand out usually wins, Though at the barangay citizens may not want to vote for the person who gave them money they are faced with a real problem. They know the barangay official is responsible for making sure the potential winner[the one who gives the most money] gets the most votes. If the barangay official doesn't make sure the votes are not delivered he will lose all discretionary funds for his barangay. Last election each voter got 1000php before the election. It has been this way for MANY years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Greglm said:

My spouse explains that it is very simple. Whatever national candidate gives the most money to the barangay to hand out usually wins, Though at the barangay citizens may not want to vote for the person who gave them money they are faced with a real problem. They know the barangay official is responsible for making sure the potential winner[the one who gives the most money] gets the most votes. If the barangay official doesn't make sure the votes are not delivered he will lose all discretionary funds for his barangay. Last election each voter got 1000php before the election. It has been this way for MANY years.

Yep, I understand how the system works in general but not down to how each individual votes and how anyone would know who voted for who.  

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

My partner was explaining that some poling stations are kind enough to fill out the voting form for them and hand it to them to put in the ballot box. Rumour has it certain people in the polling station get slightly more money to look away. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

We certainly have wandered off topic.