golf advice wanted

askken888
Posted
Posted

I am going to visit for a month with a view to retiring soon. I am looking for a destination with golf, beaches, restaurants and bars. I can afford mid price golf and want somewhere where it is easy to meet others in social playing groups. So far I've found researching PH golf on the internet to be quite difficult.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the Forum. :tiphat:

What area will you be visiting? There are two golf courses near Cebu City and one is very nice but I've only visited the club house not a golfer. 

My guess would be look to Subic or Clark area?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, askken888 said:

I am going to visit for a month with a view to retiring soon. I am looking for a destination with golf, beaches, restaurants and bars. I can afford mid price golf and want somewhere where it is easy to meet others in social playing groups. So far I've found researching PH golf on the internet to be quite difficult.

There's a few members who golf in Dumaguete. Its got all the things you mention.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Boracay also ticks the boxes.  A 7.5km long island with over 500 restaurants, great night life without being seedy, stunning beaches, 2 hospitals an airport on the mainland 15 mins away plus a port. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, askken888 said:

I can afford mid price golf

Green fees can range from 10 USD to 100 USD, depending on your location.

The only problem is that is is so BLEEDING HOT!!!! I would love to golf in retirement but not in this heat and humidity. 

check out this link, give good location and an idea of the green fees 

Golf Guide Philippines   

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Many courses in Cavite too, not too far from many expats in Nuvali and Ayala Alabang area. Eagle Ridge, Riviera, Orchard all come to mind.

But do remember that when Filipinos ( and maybe non Filipinos too ), especially when seniors, they take sooo blooody long at each hole.

I recall many games that took almost 5 hours , even with stewards suggesting people hurry up. One hours drive to course, 30 minutes get changed, 5 hourts on course , one hour shower/change collect clubs, one hour drive home.... its a long day just for 18 holes.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There's a few members who golf in Dumaguete. Its got all the things you mention.

I used to play at Ang Tay Dumaguete, reasonable course not great, Was reasonable many years ago at P500 probably doubled by now.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

I used to play at Ang Tay Dumaguete, reasonable course not great, Was reasonable many years ago at P500 probably doubled by now.

Its popular because it is close to downtown but I think its only 9 holes, yes?  The Bravo Golf Hotel Resort and Spa is more expensive than P500 but 18 holes and good reviews.  Maybe others can chime in.  I've been there but not played Golf there.  I do remember a P500 cover charge just to get in the door, unless you are staying at the hotel.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/1/2022 at 8:35 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think its only 9 holes

If you went around twice it would be 18, yes? :tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you went around twice it would be 18, yes?

groan.jpg

• Haha 3