Ants, getting rid of them

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Anyone know of a product that gets rid of ants? I bought some product from Lazada called "Greenleaf powder Ant killing bait"  did not work.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Use Borax powder mixed 50/50 with sugar. I place some in saucers around the home and they love the stuff, they carry it home to feed the queen and rest of the colony and within a few days all will die out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks Snowy.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

Anyone know of a product that gets rid of ants?

temp.jpg Available in most major hardware stores in the big malls.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

temp.jpg Available in most major hardware stores in the big malls.

The main ingredient of Terro is borax.  You can buy 500g Borax online very cheap, it'll probably work out at 100th the cost. 

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Use Borax powder mixed 50/50 with sugar. I place some in saucers around the home and they love the stuff, they carry it home to feed the queen and rest of the colony and within a few days all will die out. 

Best if mixed into a solution and not just mixed dry. I drink about 3/4 of a small bottle of coke then let it go flat, add a little more sugar (not that it really needs it) and the Borax. Shake well and place a few drops along the ant trails. 

Terro ant baits work well and are hassle free. I just couldn’t find any in Angeles……no stock (of course blamed on covid, lol). 

Edited by Gator
  • Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Gator said:

Best if mixed into a solution and not just mixed dry. I drink about 3/4 of a small bottle of coke then let it go flat, add a little more sugar (not that it really needs it) and the Borax. Shake well and place a few drops along the ant trails. 

Terro ant baits work well and are hassle free. I just couldn’t find any in Angeles……no stock (of course blamed on covid, lol). 

We have a big problem with ants, tried borax and sugar 50'50 mix, 60 '40 mix but our ants have got use to the sugar and walk past the mixture.

They climb a fruit tree and eat aphids, good thing in a way but they are all over the flipping house. I'm going to try fat next time mixed with borax, sometimes the queen wants protein.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I just use surface spray. Works for awhile.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

We use Baygon.  It's effective but kinda expensive and only works where it's sprayed.  It kills most insects though.

• Like 2

HappyJack
Posted
Posted

This is what you want.  It's what the pros use and it is safe to use inside and out.  I was amazed how fast my problem went away.

Bayer Suspend....

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/bayer-80035225-polyzone-suspend-pint-insecticide-i2606849601-s12311896663.html?freeshipping=1&search=1&spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.i2.7f2380b4A2kEnN

• Like 2