Made it out (just)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Colsie said:

Even though both flights arrived and departed at terminal 2, I didn't realise you have to actually exit the domestic part and enter the international building. 

it depends and usually is displayed when you are choosing flights. Many now I noticed are carry on only so another thing to watch for.

16 hours ago, Colsie said:

The next challenge was immigration, with the officer at one stage asking me if I had all the receipts to show him for all my tourist visa extention

Oh, GF said to me today, do you need all your receipts for tomorrows flights, I said no as l have the ECC so that should prove I am ok to go, Looks like I will take them now but going through Cebu Mactan. Planned departure direct and return direct to Cebu to avoid Manila at all cost.

• Like 5

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Having travelled back and forwards between Aussie and the Phils 9 times in 5 years now I've learnt to leave at least 4 hours between connecting flights at NAIA.

Most times you don't need it but there are days when even 4 hours is cutting it close.

Glad you didn't miss your flight!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Colsie said:

It's worth noting that Philippine Airlines also included the travel tax and terminal fee within the ticket price a

Terminal fees as far as I recall is always in the fees added by airlines when booking along with a list of fees that just about are more than the ticket price. Philippines airlines ask in the booking if you want to pay travel tax through them where others dont as far as I see. You have a choice if booking online.

Now days you can pay travel tax online if you dont want to do it at the airport or if the airline does not offer the service. Extra 50 perso per person.

https://tieza.gov.ph/online-travel-tax-payment-system/

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I am a little wary of Philippine Airlines domestic flights because of PAL's (Plane Always Late) reputation.  Does anyone have information about Air Swift Airline?

Still thinking about international flights.  Philippine Airlines is the shortest time wise at around 14 hours non-stop between Los Angeles and Manila.  Does anyone have information about Asiana Airlines?  Time is a bit longer, but prices are also slightly cheaper.

• Like 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Terminal fees as far as I recall is always in the fees added by airlines when booking along with a list of fees that just about are more than the ticket price. Philippines airlines ask in the booking if you want to pay travel tax through them where others dont as far as I see. You have a choice if booking online.

Now days you can pay travel tax online if you dont want to do it at the airport or if the airline does not offer the service. Extra 50 perso per person.

https://tieza.gov.ph/online-travel-tax-payment-system/

I remember Philippines Airlines and Cebu Pacific giving me the option whether to pay travel tax while buying the ticket in the past. That would be logical because we don't need to pay the travel tax if as a tourist we've only been in the country less than 6 months. 

When I booked the flight online this time I didn't see the option and even the ticket didn't show that it had been paid. So perhaps travel tax is now included in the ticket whether you want it or not. Illogical yes, but consider where we live. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Colsie said:

I remember Philippines Airlines and Cebu Pacific giving me the option whether to pay travel tax while buying the ticket in the past. That would be logical because we don't need to pay the travel tax if as a tourist we've only been in the country less than 6 months. 

When I booked the flight online this time I didn't see the option and even the ticket didn't show that it had been paid. So perhaps travel tax is now included in the ticket whether you want it or not. Illogical yes, but consider where we live. 

when l was searching for flights it asked if l wanted to pay with Phil air. But I'm on Scoot and no option to pay through the airline.

Anyway I think you might be incorrect as everyone pays and makes no difference if you here a week or 3 years. I recall every time I was here for a month or so still had to pay travel tax. Some Filipinos can claim it back.

Just going back to your other post about having to exit and come back in through immigration. Its simply because your first leg of the journey was a domestic flight and you would not have passed immigration at the first departure point, second leg is leaving the country so you have to go through immigration first. If your flight was an international flight with a stop over in Manila you would have done immigration at the first departure airport.

But anyway its my turn for fun later today. :gottarun_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
On 8/12/2022 at 12:14 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

when l was searching for flights it asked if l wanted to pay with Phil air. But I'm on Scoot and no option to pay through the airline.

Anyway I think you might be incorrect as everyone pays and makes no difference if you here a week or 3 years. I recall every time I was here for a month or so still had to pay travel tax. Some Filipinos can claim it back.

Just going back to your other post about having to exit and come back in through immigration. Its simply because your first leg of the journey was a domestic flight and you would not have passed immigration at the first departure point, second leg is leaving the country so you have to go through immigration first. If your flight was an international flight with a stop over in Manila you would have done immigration at the first departure airport.

But anyway its my turn for fun later today. :gottarun_80_anim_gif:

I'm confused, were you say everyone pays (travel tax) if you're here one week or 3 years. This is not true, if you are here less than six months as a tourist you don't pay travel tax. I know this to be true because I have travelled out of the country many times without paying travel tax and I can also prove it if you see attached BOI sign from their office door. 

The other charge laid on outgoing passengers was the terminal fee, which was different for different airports and all tourist paid this. But this fee is also incorporated within the ticket price now. 

As far as my other post, about exiting the building in terminal 1 to change from a domestic flight to international. I was comparing with my experience with terminal 3 where domestic and international are housed within the same building. 

But of course there's no immigration at a none international airport and I wasn't suggesting there was.

Hope all goes well and you have a smooth exit and return :morning1:

Screenshot_20220813-234422_Photos.jpg

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Colsie said:

Hope all goes well and you have a smooth exit and return :morning1:

This is Philippines.  Having everything go well would be quite newsworthy. :shooter:

• Haha 1