‘No garage, no new car’ - proposed House Bill #31.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Wow, how ironic.  I have a two car garage and I can't even park my car inside.  Story of my life.....I have a lot of junk.  

• Haha 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 8/3/2022 at 9:55 PM, jimeve said:

Where is one to park when shopping, when there is no parking slots?

The logic is, if you can afford a car you can afford a driver to slowly go around in a circle while you are shopping.  This of course contributes to traffic.  

• Haha 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

Wow, how ironic.  I have a two car garage and I can't even park my car inside.  Story of my life.....I have a lot of junk.  

Very common in America.  What about a family with kids and every member has a car?  Where do you park?

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Very common in America.  What about a family with kids and every member has a car?  Where do you park?

In my drive way, like most of my neighbors who also have a lot of junk.  Parking along the street in front of my house is also OK. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 8/2/2022 at 4:51 PM, Mike J said:

the bill would make an adequate parking space a requirement for anyone who wants to buy a motor vehicle meant to be used in metropolitan areas.

I just realized the money that can be made with a small plot of land, leasing it out as a parking spot . . . to 10 or more different car owners.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I just realized the money that can be made with a small plot of land, leasing it out as a parking spot . . . to 10 or more different car owners.

My BIL in Baguio built one.  They own the lot across from their main lot.  Very steep.  He built a tall retaining wall, filled it, and has about 5 parking spots.  He rents 4 to neighbors.  Down of the bottom of the lot, they built another wall and that is where the Swiss guy has his garden.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, jimeve said:

That's all well and fine, but I'm talking about small stores and banks etc on the highway No where to park a car, the bikes or in the parking slots.

I avoid those areas unless I really have to (I'd rather go to the ATM at the mall which is only 10 minutes away) but SWMBO just double parks with the hazard lights on at the local bank along the highway with the engine running (leaving me in the passenger seat).  If I have to go to somewhere like that I ride the motorbike.

Maybe more people and traffic where you live?

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Maybe more people and traffic where you live?

Dumaguete, and it;s getting worse.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, jimeve said:

Dumaguete, and it;s getting worse.

Seems to be true everywhere in the Philippines.  More and more vehicles but roads are not expanding nearly fast enough.  On the island of Cebu much of the "National Highway" is still two lanes (one each direction) with little to no shoulders.  :sad:  

• Like 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

two lanes (one each direction) with little to no shoulders. 

alas, in car car the one in each direction is down to one lane shared.......