Water Well Cost

Gator
Posted
Posted

Just curious if you got the water tested to make sure it’s potable or if has any heavy metals in it? And if you added or plan to add any type of filtration system? 

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

I just got the well completed today. I'll get some samples and have it tested this week. I already have multi stage filtering, softener and UV sterilizer installed on the house due to the dirty water supplied by the developer so I should be OK. I'll share the test results once I get them.

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Greglm said:

We just finished drilling a water well and thought I'd share the cost.

Well is 80 feet deep with 2" schedule 80 casing. !1/4 inch suction pipe, also schedule 80. Pump is 1.5ho Goulds vertical pump with packer installed.

Well was drilled the old way. Tripod made of bamboo with a pulley at the top. No drilling machine involved. Took 2 weeks to go 80 feet.

Drilling cost 65,000 peso

Pipe, pump and cement for grouting casing 62,000 peso. So 127,000 for complete well producing +5gpm

I can't remember our cost but it was 49 ft deep, they did it the same way tripod and pulley. 1.5 hp pump. that was in 2007.

The water now is red/brown, I think there's iron in the water. Been round to the neighbors and their's the same. Had to get the city water but need a storage tank.

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

I'm sure there is iron in the water here. The water from the developer is also red brown, especially after a rain but this is because they didn't grout between the well casing and the annulus. We grouted this new well down 10 feet in hopes this lessens ground water intrusion.

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

One thing I did not mention. When the guys were pounding and digging the well they hit rock at about 60 feet. There was water coming into the well at that point, roughly 2-3 gpm. Since this well is to be used as a standby source of water they asked if it was good enough. I talked to the boss and asked him what the rock was like. He described it as what we call sandstone. I asked if he could get thru it and he said yes but it may take awhile. He said the best water is under the sandstone let's see how deep the sandstone goes and if he can break thru the stone into the next layer and into sand the water will be clear. Lucky for us the sandstone was only about 10 feet thick but it was tough going. He went 10 feet below the break in the sandstone easily with the casing one he broke thru. Placed the packer assembly 3 feet above the bottom of the casing. I'm confident we'll have decent water. After being involved with drilling oil wells and hating to see water this was great fun!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
baronapart
Posted
Posted

At my wife's parents house we had a 2 inch pipe driven 40 feet with a 1 1/2 motor for 60000 php all in. Water was plentiful and clear. April 2022. Zamboanga del Norte. The boss supervised the project.

RobH
Posted
Posted

A guy that put our well at 85 feet told me of a filipino way of checking if the well water was ok. Crush some Guayabano leaves in a cup, add the water if it turns blue its not safe to drink, if it stays clear its ok. I don't think this is a replacement for proper testing though. My wife won't drink it so we still have the blue bottles delivered. I have drunk it it tasted fine.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/13/2022 at 5:03 AM, RobH said:

I have drunk it it tasted fine.

Best to have it tested if the water is intended for consumption.   The water could taste fine but still harbor bacteria or other nasties.  

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

I have had my well water tested for bacterial contaminants and metals.   It's not cheap, 4500 for a total of 9000. But results are Dept. of Health certified. Bacterial results were reported within a few days and were <.1 so OK. Other contaminants take more than a week so still awaiting results.

• Like 2