Kawasan named among world’s Most Beautiful Waterfalls

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Sixth most beautiful in the world.:89:  I have been to the falls.  Can't stop laughing. :hystery:

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/476443/kawasan-named-among-worlds-most-beautiful-waterfalls

CEBU CITY, Philippines — A London-based travel blogger has named Kawasan Falls in Badian town, southwestern Cebu as one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the world.

Amanda OBrien listed Kawasan among the 31 Most Beautiful Waterfalls in the World published on her blog last Nov. 12.

Some of the world’s most popular waterfalls, such as Niagara Falls, Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, and Angel Falls in Venezuela, were also part of the list of 31 Most Beautiful Waterfalls in the World.

Kawasan landed on the 6th spot, next to Yosemite Falls in the United States. 

“Kawasan Falls is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Philippines. You’ll find this stunning Asian landmark at the foot of the Mantalongon Mountain Range in Badian on Cebu Island,” OBrien described. 

The travel blogger, whose following is largely from  Europe, the United States, and Australia, cited Kawasan’s lush jungle scenery, limestone canyon walls, and multi-layered falls that altogether make up a dramatic background.

“While soaking in the views, take a refreshing dip in the turquoise waters or enjoy a thrilling cliff diving experience,” added OBrien. 

Kawasan is also popular among tourists as the endpoint of Badian’s canyoneering adventure. 

Badian is a 3rd-class municipality located around 104 kilometers southwest of Cebu. Read more: https:/

Kawasan Falls, Badian, Cebu

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Kawasan Falls is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Philippines.

Perhaps she saw it on a much better day than I did.  Its on my "don't ever go back" list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

These things are subjective at the best of times but I found them "meh". Nice for life-long city dwellers who don't get out much I guess.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Perhaps she saw it on a much better day than I did.  Its on my "don't ever go back" list.

If I were writing a travel blog, I would never visit a water falls while high!   But, hey, that is just me and I don't have a travel blog. :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

The list didn't exactly set the world on fire; a quick Google search failed to reveal her particular article.

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Social media has created all sorts who claim expertise in one thing or another.  Some are famous like a university professor from Hawaii whose annual rating of the 10 top beaches is closely followed.  Others are infamous like a woman who writes a blog about insertable devices.  Every manufacturer sends free samples in hopes of being mentioned in her blog.  She made the news trying to sell "slightly used" devices on the Internet.  Her garage was completely filled.

• Haha 4

Freebie
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yours and mine too.. crowded , noisy and to be honest Id rate it as crap.

Saw much nicer in Bantayan ( no not the famous crowded touristy Cambugahay ) in Biliran, , Casaroro outside of Dumguete by Valencia.... recall one in Southern Leyte and one to the north of Dumaguete also.

For water volume tho, not many compare to Augrabies or Tugela waterfalls in South Africa which I got to see in March this year. ... They are monsters.

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Nice for life-long city dwellers

That's kind of the point, it's just a bus ride for Cebu City residents. Part of the charm of Kawasan is the trek to reach the falls, and there are three levels of pools which makes it even more interesting.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Having been there I'd say it would struggle to make the top 100.  It reminds me of my time in Puerto Galera, touted as the most beautiful bay in the World.  A quick bit of research shows it was bestowed on the area by a group of French guys that liked the wine and one dressed as Asterik the Gaul.  They set up a group and registered it in France. The town has been dining out on it ever since. 

• Like 3