Christmas

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Don't really know what is the worst, the Christmas songs blaring over the sound system in the SM stores, or the the noise from the local church at 5:30 in the mornings they belt out their hymns in an effort for me to see the light.

I do prefer listening to the Burl Ives songs any day.

Could be worst I suppose, living next door to a mosque would be would be worser still.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

grinch.jpg

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Don't really know what is the worst, the Christmas songs blaring over the sound system in the SM stores, or the the noise from the local church at 5:30 in the mornings they belt out their hymns in an effort for me to see the light.

I do prefer listening to the Burl Ives songs any day.

Could be worst I suppose, living next door to a mosque would be would be worser still.

Maybe I'm immune to it, but I've been in SM City numerous times since the season started and have only noticed the songs in SM Store - seems the music in the mall itself is either off or very low volume.

Or, I've gone deaf recently! 

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

the noise from the local church at 5:30 in the mornings

Who told you to live near a church? :laugh:

I appreciate everything Christmas / Christian in the Philippines, it's just another part of life here that hearkens back to 1950's America, a big reason so many expats flock here.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

Who told you to live near a church? :laugh:

I appreciate everything Christmas / Christian in the Philippines, it's just another part of life here that hearkens back to 1950's America, a big reason so many expats flock here.

what a very strange thing to say.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Have done that for a few years and trust me, you really dont want that.

In the old days, would be a fellow singing the praises.

Then came microphones, loud speakers and the Fajr prayer cannot be missed by anyone.

Oh come all ye faithful is significantly more pleasant to be woken up by/to than Mr Muezzin.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I personally think the guy that invented Xmas should be nailed to a cross. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

what a very strange thing to say.

what a very strange reply to post.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

You work all year to pay for the daily necessities of life and barely make it.  As Christmas approaches, they give you one extra month of wages whether you have been naughty or nice.  Now there's money to spend for other things.  "What a country!" as Smirnoff the Russian comedian would say.  It makes me to sing out loud (off key) while dreaming of a Bing Crosby 'White Christmas.'

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

You work all year to pay for the daily necessities of life and barely make it.  As Christmas approaches, they give you one extra month of wages whether you have been naughty or nice.  Now there's money to spend for other things.  "What a country!" as Smirnoff the Russian comedian would say.  It makes me to sing out loud (off key) while dreaming of a Bing Crosby 'White Christmas.'

And many of the folks in our area use the extra month's income to buy fireworks instead of food, clothing, emergency fund, etc.  :89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1