Canadian man suspected to be a fake Filipino.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I don't understand why anyone would do this more so as it says he has a resident visa.  :89:

PRESS RELEASE
PASAY, Philippines—Bureau of Immigration (BI) officers intercepted a Canadian man suspected to be a fake Filipino.
According to a report from Travel Control and Enforcement Unit (TCEU) Acting Chief Ann Camille Mina, the subject, 49 years old, was referred by primary inspectors after attempting to depart for Taiwan via an Eva Air flight at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 1.
The foreign-looking suspect presented a Philippine passport, but raised the officer’s suspicion after he was found unable to speak Filipino or any Philippine dialect.  He was likewise unable to answer basic questions about his identity.
Verification in the BI’s database revealed that the suspect had multiple travels in the country using a Canadian and a Hong Kong passport, and is a holder of a permanent residence visa.
Upon interview, he later admitted that it was his lawyer who processed his birth certificate for the application of his passport.
BI officers suspect that his passport and birth certificate were fraudulently-acquired.
The suspect was later turned over to the BI’s Legal Division for inquest and charging for violation of the Philippine Immigration Act. 

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/pfbid0iAxpRP2bXRnR3bRgEiGCyL3PT8SNgG6dq4oSWF7WX1evZRrVpptkxUczgRsWpeXyl

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

How strange. It would be interesting to know the entire story behind this. :popcorn:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The foreign-looking suspect presented a Philippine passport

Same all over the world.  If you are the wrong color then the authorities target you. :popcorn::whistling::chickendance:

Why do I say that?  I am sure there are lots of dual citizens, like Lyn's boy, who came with us to Canada at a young age and now cannot speak a word of Philippine language and cannot answer basic questions like who his real father is (wife says he will find out one day).  Point is he is brown skinned and "looks Filipino" so he would never be targeted.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Same all over the world.  If you are the wrong color then the authorities target you. :popcorn::whistling::chickendance:

Why do I say that?  I am sure there are lots of dual citizens, like Lyn's boy, who came with us to Canada at a young age and now cannot speak a word of Philippine language and cannot answer basic questions like who his real father is (wife says he will find out one day).  Point is he is brown skinned and "looks Filipino" so he would never be targeted.

I think you are missing the point.  It goes beyond what you are referring to and right down to the passport that the guy admitted his lawyer arranged with a birth certificate. The rest is irrelevant as obviously something else is going on. 

• Like 2

Major Tom
Posted
Posted

The topic’s title would have made me think that it was about Dave Hounddriver if Dave hadn’t already moved back to Canada. Joke lang :hystery:

@Dave Hounddriver

• Haha 4

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Bottom line... the guys up to no good.  What's he's up to???  Who knows??? Save the money of prosecution and send him back... I'm sure the Canucks would do the same :tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think you are missing the point.  It goes beyond what you are referring to and right down to the passport that the guy admitted his lawyer arranged with a birth certificate. The rest is irrelevant as obviously something else is going on. 

Sounds like he is trying to hide something to do with his old identity which may be associated with a criminal background.

Or he might be a Canadian James Bond.  They always have various passports available to them.

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

The lengths some folk will go to to get the Senior's Discount card! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4