Working Visa.

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dear all,

I am an European Union citizen.

I'm having a hard time getting a Working Visa from a Foreign Company in the Philippines.
Many Australian, UK, US companies operate in the Philippines.

I moved from "IT Support" to "Front End Web Development".
I have a Junior Profile.

Do you have contacts you could forward my CV to?
If so i will send my CV to you!

Let me know please.
If you can help i will send you the amount of a "Dinner and Beers" over PayPal for the favor.

Cheers!

Edited by f5m9v6

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, f5m9v6 said:

Many Australian, UK, US companies operate in the Philippines.

Then why not try there?  No point trying to work for a Filipino company.

I will just add. Most IT companies here are operated from owners outside the Philippines. 

• Like 1

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Then why not try there?  No point trying to work for a Filipino company.

I will just add. Most IT companies here are operated from owners outside the Philippines. 

Indeed. I realized my Introduction was dumb! I edited it.
I meant Foreign Company operating in the Philippines.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I hate to discourage you but, if you are unable to find work in your desired field in Europe it is unlikely that you would be hired by a company in the Philippines.  Also wages here are very low compared to what you would find in Europe.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, f5m9v6 said:

Indeed. I realized my Introduction was dumb! I edited it.
I meant Foreign Company operating in the Philippines.

The issue you have is that most companies won't bother with arranging work visas etc.  By law, only jobs that can not be filled by Filipinos are meant to be available for foreigners, Unless you have some special qualifications which you dont appear to have then I doubt if you will get a job from abroad. Possibly you might if you were here and could arrange your own work permits or have something like a 13a to allow you to work.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Also wages here are very low compared to what you would find in Europe.  

Not so in the technical field or management but if one thinks they will just be an average worker then yes, Filipino wages but higher than most when it comes to call centers. 

• Like 1

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Mike J said:

I hate to discourage you but, if you are unable to find work in your desired field in Europe it is unlikely that you would be hired by a company in the Philippines.  Also wages here are very low compared to what you would find in Europe.  

I can find plenty of work in my field in Europe.
I want to work in Philippines! I have some contacts i want to meet there!

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My suggestion is to hire a lawyer practicing in the field of immigration law in the Philippines.  Offer to pay for one-hour consultation in person, phone or online to receive expert opinion.  Sometimes the first hour fee is waived in hopes of getting your business later.  The amount is reasonable.  For example, we have been paying medical doctors P1,000 or less than $20 per visit for consultation.  Doctors love it because, unlike other patients, we don't ask for a senior discount.

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

One word of warning is to be aware of companies offering you work with a visa then not arranging the said visa. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

One word of warning is to be aware of companies offering you work with a visa then not arranging the said visa. 

Personally, I wouldn't be getting on the plane without the Visa, or at least confirmation that the Visa is approved.  

• Like 1