Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Mountainside. That was quite the introduction! :cheersty:

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum (enjoyed the story too) :)

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the laugh as well :smile:

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Interesting story. Welcome to this forum. You have chosen wisely.

• Like 1

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

Speaking of snakes, was just reading in my news feed this morning about a lady in Tampa, FL caught by TSA trying to board a flight with a 4 ft Boa Constrictor hidden in her carry on bag.  She was confronted and claimed it as an "emotional support pet snake".   Thankfully TSA told her to go pound sand and they and the airline refused to allow her to board the aircraft.   Sounds like a bad remake of a Bad movie, "Snakes on a Plane".....Still can't believe Samuel L. Jackson fell for being cast in that one.  

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

Welcome to the forum. As far as snakes go treat them as your friend.. All snakes will avoid humans where possible so treat them as harmless and always leave them an escape route.

They are there to keep the rat and mice population down.

Almost all snake bites are caused by people trying to catch or kill them and as you no doubt discovered if you pay for a dead snake word spreads and every snake killed in your area will be brought to you and it just happened they were passing your property and saw it so killed it to save your life. :whistling:

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 5

mountainside
Posted
Posted

Snowy79, I'm with you on snakes.  That cobra was the first snake I've killed.  I've had a number of close encounters with rattlesnakes here in the American West where I could easily have shot them but didn't.  Had a cobra on the fence and a freaking-out wife, so I made a quick command decision.  Had I been alone, things would have been different.  And thinking back on it, the monkeys in our SBFZ neighborhood caused a whole lot more problems than any snake I've ever encountered.  You're surely right about how snake bites occur.  Men get bitten on hands and arms;  women get bitten on feet and legs, and a lot less frequently than men.  They have more sense than to try and grab or kill a snake, unlike the male fools like me :)  

• Like 4

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, mountainside said:

the monkeys in our SBFZ neighborhood caused a whole lot more problems than any snake I've ever encountered.

Back in 1986 when I was stationed in Cubi the monkeys were a daily problem.  Learned a hard lesson, if they throw something at you, DONT THROW IT BACK..... the group took it bad. Chased me all the way back to the barracks and I was screaming like a little girl the whole way. O fun times.....lol

• Haha 3