Unfortunate banking experience

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

Sounds you told them in true military language; "I am here to take names and kick @ss, and my pen just ran out ink so bend over." :tongue:

A long story but in total it took 3yrs and hundreds of emails, calls etc. The money when I finally got it was split between the local Barangay poor and a Mangyan school. 

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Chaplain
Posted
Posted
On 3/13/2023 at 7:13 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is the Bank of Commerce policy. And BSP rules. This shows you have a case against them as the time is 2 years for savings accounts.

ERRATUM ON NEW RULES ON DORMANCY FEES

Thank you everyone, and I took some of your collective good advice and gave it another attempt - with no replies at all now, so it is not a matter of tact, sad to say, it is a matter of fact.

So that concludes my experience with the Bank of Commerce in Santa Maria. It is 'very unfortunate' this news has now spread into the international banking and business community. One of my clients is a Chinese business investor to the Philippines, and he will be sending out the warnings over there too.

Most unfortunately, I did however learn through all of this, I am not alone. It appears as a foreigner, the rules (unwritten rules) are very different, and have less protection from the system - the system that seems to be very aware of the corruption, and actually covers their tracks. 

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Thanks again guys, and keep smiling.

• Sad 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Chaplain said:

this news has now spread into the international banking and business community.

I just realized you are from Canada and you are talking about a business account. In that instance you should contact the Canadian Embassy.  Here is the link.  https://www.tradecommissioner.gc.ca/philippines/office-bureau/index.aspx?lang=eng&office=MANIL

I was at their Christmas banquet in Cebu many years ago and learned they are there to help Canadian business people manipulate the tricky politics of the Philippines

• Like 4