Easter Holidays

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Has it been decreed yet when all Government agencies will shut for the Easter holidays? Including the provinces?

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack, I have to go and get a visa extension. So the 5th it is.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I already have my ear plugs. I will stay home and keep the doors and windows closed, locked and the stereo set with mellow music. It is already quite hot outside, so the air/con will also be running... I am ready for Easter. As I am getting old... I will hide all my Easter eggs since it it will be a hassle for me to find them again!!! I hope I find them soon or else there might be some very rotten Easter eggs!!!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Easter holiday, everything and anything is closed for many days, like the country is in lockdown.  Was the time of the year I disliked the most, in RP. Living on canned food and snacks, isn't my idea of a good meal.

Not a good time of the year to be single, want to eat out, meet friends in a mall etc.

Happy Easter  :sad:

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 3/24/2023 at 3:04 PM, Tommy T. said:

I already have my ear plugs. I will stay home and keep the doors and windows closed, locked and the stereo set with mellow music. It is already quite hot outside, so the air/con will also be running... I am ready for Easter. As I am getting old... I will hide all my Easter eggs since it it will be a hassle for me to find them again!!! I hope I find them soon or else there might be some very rotten Easter eggs!!!

I have stocked up on beer, wine and a bottle of Jack, the funny thing is my beer stock is getting depleted.

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

I have stocked up on beer, wine and a bottle of Jack, the funny thing is my beer stock is getting depleted.

What to do when you like to be social and meet foreigners for lunch, dinner or a beer? With everything closed, how can one solve this?

If single, how can one meet a filipina in public, just for Quantum theory discussion :2245_safe:  :whistling:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, CebuAndy said:

Easter holiday, everything and anything is closed for many days, like the country is in lockdown.  Was the time of the year I disliked the most, in RP. Living on canned food and snacks, isn't my idea of a good meal.

Not a good time of the year to be single, want to eat out, meet friends in a mall etc.

Happy Easter  :sad:

Is it really the case everything closes down? This will be my 8th here and I haven't noticed that but maybe it's passed me by without me noticing.

• Like 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Is it really the case everything closes down? This will be my 8th here and I haven't noticed that but maybe it's passed me by without me noticing.

Pre-covid Yes.

Ayala mall Cebu, only Metro supermarket was open for limited hours, else the mall was closed off.

You must have seen the hordes rush to supermarkets, filling their baskets to the brim, and the endless lines before cashier check out.

Walking around Cebu city, all was closed. I don't include local sari-sari stores in the wall, but rather normal stores, restaurants, pubs that foreigners would frequent. Streets was quiet. Week before the holiday, many friends informed me they was heading home for the holidays.

Single life, and married life (mostly at home) are often observed differently, and the latter can actually be a blessing (sometimes at least)

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, CebuAndy said:

Pre-covid Yes.

Ayala mall Cebu, only Metro supermarket was open for limited hours, else the mall was closed off.

You must have seen the hordes rush to supermarkets, filling their baskets to the brim, and the endless lines before cashier check out.

Walking around Cebu city, all was closed. I don't include local sari-sari stores in the wall, but rather normal stores, restaurants, pubs that foreigners would frequent. Streets was quiet. Week before the holiday, many friends informed me they was heading home for the holidays.

Single life, and married life (mostly at home) are often observed differently, and the latter can actually be a blessing (sometimes at least)

Genuinely never noticed this  but I'm a Sunday shopper and the mall was always open Easter Sunday so I wouldn't have been aware. I see it's definitely open next Sunday.

• Like 1