BI takes note of issues for departing nationals.

Clermont
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, BrettGC said:

My point wasn't directed at the typical wide-eyed provincial types, I believe the protections in place are appropriate if enforced correctly and not over-zealously.  

Not only the province people, city slickers can have the wool pulled over there eyes too. We had a middle aged lady arrive in our home town, married the bloke and he wanted her to sleep with his mates for a fee. No amount of screening could have stopped that but after the community paid for her ticket back home, he was back on Facebook trying to get a new bride. Maybe some of the questioning might not seem relevant but you don’t know what they have on screen. He’s blacklisted ( DVO ) against him so he can’t come here but a girl can go there if she can get to Australia if the BI let her out of the country. That’s what a lot of the screening is about. 

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Not only the province people, city slickers can have the wool pulled over there eyes too. We had a middle aged lady arrive in our home town, married the bloke and he wanted her to sleep with his mates for a fee. No amount of screening could have stopped that but after the community paid for her ticket back home, he was back on Facebook trying to get a new bride. Maybe some of the questioning might not seem relevant but you don’t know what they have on screen. He’s blacklisted ( DVO ) against him so he can’t come here but a girl can go there if she can get to Australia if the BI let her out of the country. That’s what a lot of the screening is about. 

I understand why the screening is in place, I just get annoyed by power tripping officials who push the limits of their power beyond their scope.

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

In recent years seen so many changes. For example who would have thought you can get internet speeds of 200 Mbps in this country?  A few years back it was not even thought of. 

What about your first visa extension now online?

238 on my cell last test, 13A with 5 g

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, RBM said:

238 on my cell last test, 13A with 5 g

:89: ..... :89: ...

Posted in wrong place, or?

sounds greek to me 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, CebuAndy said:

:89: ..... :89: ...

Posted in wrong place, or?

sounds greek to me 

We were talking about improvements- internet speed being one. EBM was giving his speed as an example. 

I'm not sure what Visa status has to do with it though!

• Haha 1

longway
Posted
Posted
On 3/31/2023 at 7:27 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

From January to February alone, the BI deferred the departure of 6,788 of more than 1 million Filipinos who exited the country’s international airports, the DOJ said. Of this number, 57 were referred to Iacat as likely ( not proven) victims of human trafficking, while the rest were deferred for other reasons, such as incomplete, improper or misrepresented documents.

On 3/31/2023 at 10:20 PM, Freebie said:

So whats different in those other countries compared to here.  Oh yes Philippines gets paid a large grant, by US  in aid to be in Tier One category of Anti Human trafficking.

57 maybe's out of 1 million?? The math does not justify the detention and intrusive questioning of thousands of travelors. The U.S. is paying into somebodys pocket to do this. Not a good example of money well spent. The U. S. is responsible for this problem. Without the $ handout this would not be happening. But what the hell, don't want to turn down free money.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, longway said:

The U. S. is responsible

Want to know why smokers can't relax and light up in the Philippines?   Since 2007, Bloomberg Philanthropies has supported the accelerated reduction of tobacco use in many countries, including the Philippines.  Bloomberg L.P. is a privately held financial, software, data, and media company headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.

Again, the US is responsible.  Give local governments money and they do what you want.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, hk blues said:

We were talking about improvements- internet speed being one. EBM was giving his speed as an example. 

I'm not sure what Visa status has to do with it though!

Sorry HK forgot to add the Samsung in front

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, RBM said:

Sorry HK forgot to add the Samsung in front

I racked my brains to think what was missing but didn't think of that! 

• Like 1