Smart Magic Data

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Sometime last year @OnMyWay mentioned he uses Smart's Magic Data plan that's data only.  You can't recieve or make calls or texts.  I've been on it a couple of months now and it's been great.  Previously I was paying 500PHP/month for a standard unlimited calls and texts with 2gig of data a day, with Magic Data I paid 500PHP for I can't remember how much data two months ago and I still have a lot, the data has no expiry date.  AM is contact for almost everything PI related anyway.  I didn't realise how little I called and texted until now, I haven't gone to do either since I made the switch. 

Thanks Don for the tip.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I've used it probably since it came out. The good thing is that it does not expire so like in my case the data is mainly on the phone in case my home internet is down or Im out and need it. I just keep a little bit of load just in case I need to text. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Sometime last year @OnMyWay mentioned he uses Smart's Magic Data plan that's data only.  You can't recieve or make calls or texts.  I've been on it a couple of months now and it's been great.  Previously I was paying 500PHP/month for a standard unlimited calls and texts with 2gig of data a day, with Magic Data I paid 500PHP for I can't remember how much data two months ago and I still have a lot, the data has no expiry date.  AM is contact for almost everything PI related anyway.  I didn't realise how little I called and texted until now, I haven't gone to do either since I made the switch. 

Thanks Don for the tip.  

Yes, it has been a good deal and they added more packages since I last bought it.  The most gb they used to have was 24gb for p399, and I think I am on my third one.  It usually lasts me 8-12 months or so.  Right now I have 8gb left and I think I bought it in October.  Now they have 36gb for 499 and 48gb for 599.  Looks like the 499 plan is the best deal per gb.

I like the Gigalife app too.  You can manage multiple SMART / TNT SIMs.  I have my wife's 2 sims and my stepdaughter's in my Gigalife.  We all use Magic Data, and 99% of our calls and texts are on FB Messenger.  Like JGF, I keep a little bit of regular load on the phone for regular texts and calls.

For those who use Globe, they also have some "no expiration" plans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I’m on the same 24gb’s of magic data for over a year now. I pair it with the surfsaya 199 monthly which gives me the unlimited allnet calls. What’s really criminal is this doesn’t include calls to landlines, if you have peso load in your account it will suck it really fast.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 4/22/2023 at 6:58 PM, Heeb said:

I’m on the same 24gb’s of magic data for over a year now. I pair it with the surfsaya 199 monthly which gives me the unlimited allnet calls. What’s really criminal is this doesn’t include calls to landlines, if you have peso load in your account it will suck it really fast.

Calling a landline here is very expensive, around 7 or 8 php a minute.  That can mount up if you are then on hold for a few or more minutes.  On the plus side, you get to listen to some nice music so it's not all bad! :hystery:

• Haha 1