Health Insurance, Pre-existing Conditions, Cost, and Games

KenM
Posted
Posted
On 6/1/2023 at 9:07 AM, jimeve said:

That's where I had my Cancer spots removed. Tru Dermotologie . Three spots on my chest surgically removed. They found some more on my face and back.

BTW, they do not give Phil Health discounts.

Isn’t it the case now that more serious conditions like heart at attack and cancer are excluded for foreigners on philhealth?

• Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, KenM said:

Isn’t it the case now that more serious conditions like heart at attack and cancer are excluded for foreigners on philhealth?

I had my cancer spots removed privately, I know that Phil-health don't include heart attacks for foreigners, not sure about cancer. would like to know. 

mountainside
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, KenM said:

6 hours ago, jimeve said:

I know that Phil-health don't include heart attacks for foreigners, not sure about cancer. would like to know.

Foreigners are excluded from PhilHealth's "Z Benefit" package, which covers 20 illnesses and conditions.  They're listed here:  https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1951515/davao/local-news/philhealth-members-can-now-avail-of-z-benefit

• Thanks 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Short summary of what the Z package is;

<snip>All member-foreign nationals and their qualified dependents shall be entitled to inpatient and outpatient benefits and other special benefit packages through any of the PhilHealth-accredited health care institutions nationwide. Excluded from their entitlements, however, are the Z Benefit packages, reimbursement for all confinements abroad and benefits for women about to give birth (WATGB).<end snip>

<snip>

Z Benefits covers 20 listed catastrophic illnesses and health conditions requiring expensive treatments and hospitalizations.

These 20 listed illnesses and health conditions covered in the Z benefits package include: Acute lymphocytic leukemia, Early breast cancer, prostate cancer, kidney transplant, standard risk coronary bypass graft, tetralogy of Fallot, ventricular septal defect, cervical cancer, Z MORPH (Mobility, Orthosis, Rehabilitation and Prosthesis Help), selected orthopedic implants, peritoneal dialysis, colon cancer, rectal cancer, expanded mobility orthosis rehabilitation help, premature and small newborns, children with developmental disabilities, children with mobility impairment, children with visual impairment, children with hearing impairment, rheumatic heart disease

<end snip>

source docs:

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/news/2017/expands_coverage.html

https://pia.gov.ph/news/2023/01/20/filipinos-now-covered-under-philhealths-z-benefit-package#:~:text=These 20 listed illnesses and,Z MORPH (Mobility%2C Orthosis%2C

• Thanks 2
  • Love it 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Heart problems are not a problem in my family but cancer is. At least with some sort of cancer if fit enough to fly back to the UK I will and try and get treatment there, more advance true diagnose of the health problems in the UK. I would probably stay in the UK till I pass.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Having had bowel cancer and then kidney cancer I gave up trying to get medical insurance. The old case of “computer says no”.

• Sad 4

KenM
Posted
Posted

Is Philhealth good to have despite elimination of Z benefits? Is it worth the cost?

RBM
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yes if you get sick and no if you don't! :whistling:

Joking apart, I think the foreigner rate is about 18,000php a year so I'd say it's not expensive regardless of using it or not AND as one of the wiser members of this forum pointed out, having Philhealth does build in a degree of insurance against being ripped off as the scheme has a menu of costs for treatment. 

Yes agree, just paid mine P15K with SRRV

• Like 2