Clearing up some possible fake news

RBM
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Just to clear things up here is the final Bill. Apologies in advance for the link but there's 49 pages.

The important part for tourists is they are given 59 days on arrival and everyone needs an exit clerance so no more waiting until after 6 months.  Extensions are at the discretion of the commisioner

https://hrep-website.s3.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/legisdocs/first_19/CR00552.pdf

Are you saying that if a tourist comes for a 10 day visit he needs go through the hoops to obtain an exit clearance, surely not. 

• I'm Confused 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Are you saying that if a tourist comes for a 10 day visit he needs go through the hoops to obtain an exit clearance, surely not. 

As it reads it will be a requirement but as yet nothing concrete, no doubt it will just be another tax like airport tax as I can't see any system being set up to link to a central database. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

25 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

As it reads it will be a requirement but as yet nothing concrete, no doubt it will just be another tax like airport tax as I can't see any system being set up to link to a central database. 

I've been to countries before where a departure tax is required so probably it will be dealt with similarly  - as Snowy79 suggests it might follow the same process as airport tax.

Possum
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I've been to countries before where a departure tax is required so probably it will be dealt with similarly  - as Snowy79 suggests it might follow the same process as airport tax.

We left the Philippines 2 weeks ago and the tax was covered in the price of our ticket on Korean airlines. While going thru immigration we were asked why our children had Philippine and US passports but no dual citizenship document. My wife told the agent that DFA said it wasn't needed. The agent said DFA is wrong that is not the procedure, wife said argue with them I have their phone number. He stamped the passports and off we went. Do these agencies even talk to each other?  Funny thing is when we leave the USA to return to the Philippines we won't even go thru immigration, we just leave. Guess they are glad to be rid of folks :smile:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, RBM said:

Are you saying that if a tourist comes for a 10 day visit he needs go through the hoops to obtain an exit clearance

The article in the link states that temporary visitors must register before their 60th day of staying and that registered visitors must obtain an exit clearance.  That registration system was tried before.  Good luck with it.

• Like 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

Nice, there's already airport terminal fee and a travel tax...:popcorn:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Colsie said:

Nice, there's already airport terminal fee and a travel tax...:popcorn:

You can never have too many taxes! 

• Like 1

Joe LP
Posted
Posted
On 6/4/2023 at 12:49 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

The article in the link states that temporary visitors must register before their 60th day of staying and that registered visitors must obtain an exit clearance.  That registration system was tried before.  Good luck with it.

It's already in effect here and now.  It's the ACR I-card.  You need to have that if you stay here longer than 60 days.  You need to fill out forms and pass a background check.  It'll most likely stay the same.  Might get a new name or something, but one of those forms you fill out is for registration.

• Like 1