Cycling In Subic Bay Freeport

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Today I was reminded of how much I love cycling!  I no longer participate but I have a keen eye for the details when I spot a dedicated cyclist.  Hard work and training payoff for cyclists who persist.  Do you agree?

IMG_20230603_145619.jpg

IMG_20230603_145525.jpg

IMG_20230603_145434.jpg

• Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, JJReyes said:

It looks like you are driving a car.  Please be careful not to rear end her.

Luckily I was moving slowly in traffic.  Rear end never entered my mind.  Honest.  I just noticed now that the cyclist was female.  When I saw the cyclist, the things going through my mind were like "I wonder what gear they are in.  What brand is that bike?  How many km have they gone"  Stuff like that.  Honest.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Luckily I was moving slowly in traffic.  Rear end never entered my mind.  Honest.  I just noticed now that the cyclist was female.  When I saw the cyclist, the things going through my mind were like "I wonder what gear they are in.  What brand is that bike?  How many km have they gone"  Stuff like that.  Honest.

episode28.jpg

• Haha 3

mountainside
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Honest.

We would never doubt you.  Honest.

When I was sixteen I gently rear-ended a grown man who was driving a work truck, while making the same type of observation you made.  We got out of our vehicles while my buddy stayed in my car.  I figured I'd get a death sentence or something pretty close.  The man smiled and said "we both got distracted".  Got back in and drove off.  The girl never broke pace and never looked back.

Edited by mountainside
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yeah.  Tell that to the marines.

• Haha 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Luckily I was moving slowly in traffic.

Wouldn't it have been easier to hand the phone to your wife to take the pic's????????????? 

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Joey G said:

Wouldn't it have been easier to hand the phone to your wife to take the pic's????????????? 

My wife doesn't care about cycling.

• Haha 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Cyclists are a nightmare on Boracay as there's usually a group of females on the route I take home most nights, being courteous I ensure I never overtake them too fast if at all. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Cyclists are a nightmare on Boracay as there's usually a group of females on the route I take home most nights, being courteous I ensure I never overtake them too fast if at all. :whistling:

Another rear end motorist?

• Like 1