D Day Tribute

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This YouTube Chanel has done the entire First World War week by week. Then now are covering the Second World War or the continuation of the first however you look at it. 

Right now they are doing a live time coverage of the invasion. It started one hour ago but you can start at the beginning of their coverage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was wondering it the great air show pictures posted by@stevewool were part of a D-Day observance.

Edited by OnMyWay

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Might be a good day to whip out Saving Private Ryan.  That first scene at Normandy really gives a feel for what it might have been like.  Sacrifices like those men made are rare now.

• Love it 1

Lee
Posted
Posted

1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

Might be a good day to whip out Saving Private Ryan.

I recall that just before the movie came out, a group of Normandy vets were asked to preview the beach landing scene. A few vets left the movie as it proved to be a bit too realistic.

• Sad 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Lee said:

I recall that just before the movie came out, a group of Normandy vets were asked to preview the beach landing scene. A few vets left the movie as it proved to be a bit too realistic.

It is very emotional.  In a good theatre or at home with good surround sound, the sounds are intense!

• Like 1