Anyone Removed an Electric Meter Temporarily?

Freebie
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Lee said:

My wife shot right back at him in English every time as only a Filipina who lived in the US for 40 yrs will do. He didn't expect this and walked away.

Well done.. .so many functionaries seem to be on a power trip....the "Im more important than you  thinking "and im going to show you. not dissimilar to security guards who often act like thugs and arent shy to show " hey I have a uniform and you dont "

• Like 4

Possum
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Freebie said:

Well done.. .so many functionaries seem to be on a power trip.

I had a similar experience after I had my solar electric installed. By law they have 30 days to approve the installation and install a proper net meter so that you get credit for the electricity you feed back into the system. In my case it took 6 months which cost me money. If you install a solar PV system that feeds power back into the system you have to have a special meter to account for that, if you don't every KW you feed back is not credited to you but is charged to you. I had to shut down half of my PV panels to keep from being billed for double what I used. Meralco kept coming up with excuses for why they had not installed the proper net meter. Eventually the ERC after prompting from the PCC got involved and we got the proper meter but it was not a fun thing to go thru.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Freebie said:

Well done.. .so many functionaries seem to be on a power trip....the "Im more important than you  thinking "and im going to show you. not dissimilar to security guards who often act like thugs and arent shy to show " hey I have a uniform and you dont "

It's not so much the uniform that worries me as the big gun!

Freebie
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, hk blues said:

For fun , ask guards if theyve ever been trained, such as at a firing range. Vast majority will say no .

Then look at the often rusty condition of their guns and you can imagine that gun cleaning isnt part of the weekly schedule.

Most filipinos laugh at guards with guns, as they know they are generally useless... and cases of guards firing at anyone, .....rarer than hens teeth.....

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, hk blues said:

True, there is always the possibility the gun still functions and he has ammo. :whistling:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 7/8/2023 at 11:40 AM, Freebie said:

For fun , ask guards if theyve ever been trained, such as at a firing range. Vast majority will say no .

Then look at the often rusty condition of their guns and you can imagine that gun cleaning isnt part of the weekly schedule.

Most filipinos laugh at guards with guns, as they know they are generally useless... and cases of guards firing at anyone, .....rarer than hens teeth.....

I'm not volunteering to be the one to test out your theory!  

• Like 1

Lee
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Stories of guards firing their weapons might be rare but they do happen.

The previous owner of my house was out of the country when Yolanda hit. As some might recall power was out here for many months so roving bands of looters went through different neighborhoods stealing doors, windows, air con units etc out of unoccupied housing. To keep this from happening at his house, the owner hired a security firm to place a guard on the property 24/7.

When the owner finally returned to his house, he wasn't too pleased to find a bullet hole in the front fender of his new car. A witness to the event stated that the "Barney Fife" was practicing his quick draw technique when the pistol went off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3