Raid at Pasig showroom yields 87 high-end cars with ‘questionable’ docs

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lee said:

Here is Dutertes version of a non official settlement.

Great show.  Good visuals.  What is the purpose for the stunt?

In my opinion, it's an absolute waste.  I would have cannibalized the cars for spare parts.  

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

What is the purpose for the stunt?

IMHO it just adds to the frustration of the average Jose Pinoy. 

Weekly there are stories like this.....X number of smuggled onions found, X number of cigarettes, X amount of drugs. But never any convictions.

A few weeks ago a Senator remarked upon this. X tons of onions found in a warehouse a name of an import company made public, a shipping company named but never any arrests or charges of the owners.

I know government employees the world over are lazy,,,(heck, I was one lol) but nobody, and I mean nobody is this incompetent...

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, scott h said:

IMHO it just adds to the frustration of the average Jose Pinoy. 

Weekly there are stories like this.....X number of smuggled onions found, X number of cigarettes, X amount of drugs. But never any convictions.

A few weeks ago a Senator remarked upon this. X tons of onions found in a warehouse a name of an import company made public, a shipping company named but never any arrests or charges of the owners.

I know government employees the world over are lazy,,,(heck, I was one lol) but nobody, and I mean nobody is this incompetent...

Yep.

But at least Duterte's 'stunt' could be seen as giving the middle finger to those involved in the corruption and show that nobody was making anything that day.  Now, of course, it's no more than a gimmick and futile but I'm sure it p****d off some so why not?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Do you guys think those cars and SUV's were stolen abroad and shipped to Manila? 

• Hmm thinking 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Old55 said:

Do you guys think those cars and SUV's were stolen abroad and shipped to Manila? 

Obviously it's possible but given the logistics and the likely end-user I'd imagine the majority would simply be illegal imports.  

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 7/27/2023 at 11:30 PM, JJReyes said:

more likely, there will be a non-official settlement.

$$$ettlement confirmed

Exotic car dealer Richard Dy to cut deal with BOC to release smuggled McLarens, Ferraris, Porches, Mercs, Lambo. In a letter to BOC Commissioner Bienvenido Rubio on July 17, Richard Dy of RDY Premium Cars indicated his plan to reach a settlement for the release of 12 high-end luxury vehicles found in his Pasig City showroom after he failed to show proof that he paid taxes and duties for these vehicles.  These vehicles include McLaren 650s, McLaren 600LT, Ferrari 458, Ferrari California, Ferrari FF, Ferrari 458, Mercedes Benz AMG GTR, Mercedes Benz C63, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche 911 Carrera, and Lamborghini Huracan. The McLarens and AMG have no plates.  “As innocent purchasers and for value, we did not know or are unaware if the said motor vehicles that were sold to were paid the appropriate duties and taxes,” said Dy. 

:hystery:

“We respectfully pray that the same be excluded from being seized by the Bureau of Customs. We are willing to pay any deficiency in taxes that the subject vehicles may incur,” he added.  Dy’s cars were among 51 vehicles ordered confiscated on July 26.  ‘RDY was the main target of the combined BOC and Coast Guard team which swooped down on the smuggled vehicles found in AutoCamp dealership owned by Joy dela Cruz on July 4.

https://bilyonaryo.com/2023/07/28/suka-ka-boy-exotic-car-dealer-richard-dy-to-cut-deal-with-boc-to-release-smuggled-mclarens-ferraris-porches-mercs-lambo/business/

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kingpin said:

$$$ettlement confirmed

image.jpg.webp

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kingpin said:

$$$ettlement confirmed

Some things will never change. LOL

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

"We did not know".  BS, I would make the guy watch them get crushed or sold at auction.

Edited by Mike J