Hiring a driver

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Lee said:

If they won't turn on the meter at the start of the ride, then I simply get out of the car and get another cab. Arguing with a cab driver and misunderstandings about fares could get you dumped off somewhere that you really don't want to be.

My wife almost always take a photo of the side of the taxi prior to us getting in.  She is very obvious when taking the photo.  We have never had an issue.

• Like 4

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

After many bad experiences in Manila with taxis, with the cars being so old it is a wonder that they run anymore.

So when we had to go to the airport from Makati we called a grab car, never again will we catch a taxi, the grab car was nearly new with no rattling, the seat belts actually worked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

After many bad experiences in Manila with taxis, with the cars being so old it is a wonder that they run anymore.

So when we had to go to the airport from Makati we called a grab car, never again will we catch a taxi, the grab car was nearly new with no rattling, the seat belts actually worked.

I’m in the same mind as you, taxi’s last resort 

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I used to get a metered taxi from the terminal and of course the usual question was asked, is this your first time here, and I always replied with no I been here many times, so then they start with the next hymn from the book on how they were waiting in line for 3 hours, when that doesn’t conjure up any sympathy they start on how many kids they have.

I am sure they have been to Perth or Sydney in Australia for training as this is the crap they carry on with in those places and heaven forbid if it is only a short trip.

So thank god for grab.

• Like 1