Divorce Philippine Style

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Hestecrefter said:

"Having more than one wife increased the odds of having a male heir". It did not increase the odds.

If one wife can have a baby once a year, then 2 wives can have double that many and 3 wives can have triple that many.  It is just mathematical probability that the more wives you have, the more chance you will have a boy IF you are inseminating each of them frequently.

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If one wife can have a baby once a year, then 2 wives can have double that many and 3 wives can have triple that many.  It is just mathematical probability that the more wives you have, the more chance you will have a boy IF you are inseminating each of them frequently.

I guess it's like the old tossing the coin story - each toss is 50/50 but the probability of heads or tails always coming up is reduced with each toss. 

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

The probability that an event will occur is the fraction of times you expect to see that event in many trials. Probabilities always range between 0 and 1. The odds are defined as the probability that the event will occur divided by the probability that the event will not occur.

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, gbmmbg said:

The probability that an event will occur is the fraction of times you expect to see that event in many trials. Probabilities always range between 0 and 1. The odds are defined as the probability that the event will occur divided by the probability that the event will not occur.

And “Up” is always twice half the distance 🤣

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Gator said:

And “Up” is always twice half the distance 🤣

If we are talking about Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation then yes. If not they have medication that can help with "up"...lol

• Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, hk blues said:

I guess it's like the old tossing the coin story - each toss is 50/50 but the probability of heads or tails always coming up is reduced with each toss. 

50/50 is mathematically correct, but for US coins the odds favor head, according to controlled studies.  It has to do with aerodynamics and uneven surfaces.  

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JJReyes said:

50/50 is mathematically correct, but for US coins the odds favor head, according to controlled studies.  It has to do with aerodynamics and uneven surfaces.  

There are other variables though, including how vigorous the toss (no smirking at the back, boys) and more importantly,  which side is facing up in the 1st place. If the head is facing up the likelihood of head coming up is almost 51/49. Then again, how often do we toss a coin 100 times? :smile:

• Haha 1

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted
On 8/11/2023 at 7:43 AM, GeoffH said:

It's also why some Muslim texts talk about the capability of the husband to support a second wife as part of the criteria for having a second wife.

Yes, it is one of the tenets of Islam.  I lived a number of years in the Arabian Desert.  My Muslim guy friends would joke with me that if they are caught with another woman it is not cheating, it is research for their next wife!  :hystery:

• Haha 4

Gator
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Maxheadspace said:

Yes, it is one of the tenets of Islam.  I lived a number of years in the Arabian Desert.  My Muslim guy friends would joke with me that if they are caught with another woman it is not cheating, it is research for their next wife!  :hystery:

Exactly! After all, you wouldn’t buy a new car unless you first took it for a test drive! 🤣

• Haha 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Dip your toe into water before taking the plunge.

• Haha 1