Travel Insurance For Philippine Residents

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have been trying for a week to buy travel insurance.

Air Asia - On both the web and app, it does not work right.

Tune (Air Asia Insurance Website) - Throws and error

AXA - Used it for Australia 6 months ago.  Now I get to a certain point after entering all the personal info, hit Next.  Nothing.

SafetyWind / Nomad:  Coverage is not what I need.

Pacific Cross:  Requires an agent, which I could do, but he gave me a high price for Australia.

Anybody Philippine residents here that have found others?

Thanks!

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

For medical related, the need is dependent on country of destination.  If the traveler is headed to the United States, very important.  For England, visitors are covered in the event of an accident or unforeseen emergency.  For other countries, it depends.  There are charges but nowhere close to what it would be in the US.  

For travel related as in trip cancellation, not worth it because of all the exclusions in the agreement.  My estimate is to add 10% to 12% to the total price.  And be prepared for a long fight you plan to file a claim. 

Edited by JJReyes

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I have been trying for a week to buy travel insurance.

I used https://etiqa.com.ph/ for my trip to Malaysia without any problems to buy. Some banks also have travel insurance.

• Like 1

Baluoyolo
Posted
Posted

When my wife last needed insurance, she got it from a company named Standard. Very easy, fill a form online and done - worked great. This was a few years ago.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I used https://etiqa.com.ph/ for my trip to Malaysia without any problems to buy. Some banks also have travel insurance.

31 minutes ago, Baluoyolo said:

When my wife last needed insurance, she got it from a company named Standard. Very easy, fill a form online and done - worked great. This was a few years ago.

Thanks to both of you!  So far, so good.  I'm comparing now!  3 am task! :shock_40_anim_gif:

Etiga is cheap but the limits are low.  Standard is about the same as the others I looked at.  Will speak to the boss in the morning and she will probably want the cheapest, and that will work.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Thanks to both of you!  So far, so good.  I'm comparing now!  3 am task! :shock_40_anim_gif:

Etiga is cheap but the limits are low.  Standard is about the same as the others I looked at.  Will speak to the boss in the morning and she will probably want the cheapest, and that will work.

@Jollygoodfellow@Baluoyolo  Thanks again for quick replies.  After going through the process, Standard was the best one for my family.

Kudos to both websites though.  Air Asia and AXA had so many issues.  Both of these worked well and their websites were far easier to use, and logical with their inputs.  I have bought Standard CPTL for my vehicles before, but not at their website.  I might check it online next time.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Ive used Chubb in the past and also through BPI. I think I once used Prudential also.

Knowing how totally and utterly cheap Air Asia is ( I want to pay by credit card and you charge me for THAT ???) I wouldnt go anywhere near them for insurance. They would have 1001 exclusions for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

Ive used Chubb in the past and also through BPI. I think I once used Prudential also.

Knowing how totally and utterly cheap Air Asia is ( I want to pay by credit card and you charge me for THAT ???) I wouldnt go anywhere near them for insurance. They would have 1001 exclusions for sure.

Understand, but it is not really them.  It is underwritten by another insuranc company.  I think Malawan or something like.

I didn't get charged extra for using my credit card when I booked PEN-KUL.  I wanted to use my CC for MNL-KUL but I could get it to work, so I paid with BPI debit.

Their website has a lot of bugs.  I hope the pilots are better than the programmers! :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1