Best Bank for Dollar Accounts?

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Hi. I am looking to open a new USD account here in the Phils. I have one already, but I am looking for an account that is easier to use and provides more online access. Ideally, I would like to open a USD account with mobile check deposits, easy transfers to and from PHP accounts and etc. I realize the mobile check deposits for a USD account might be a stretch, but would like access to online Forex exchange and transfers to other Philippines accounts via InstaPay or PesoNet, or something similar. If anyone has ideas for a bank with this type of convenience for USD accounts, any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, StayAtHomeDad said:

I would like to open a USD account with mobile check deposits, easy transfers to and from PHP accounts and etc

https://www.expat.hsbc.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Looking for a local bank, but thanks for the suggestion.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, StayAtHomeDad said:

Looking for a local bank

HSBC is located locally, only in major cities though.

• Thanks 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Thanks. Didn't know that. I will look into it. Thanks again.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kingpin said:

HSBC is located locally, only in major cities though.

Nb that some HSBC branches (like the one in Cagayan De Oro city) aren't full service branches.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Thanks 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

I would be perfectly satisfied if I could find a local bank that lets me move money from my dollar account to a peso account without having to go to the branch.

Gator
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, StayAtHomeDad said:

I would be perfectly satisfied if I could find a local bank that lets me move money from my dollar account to a peso account without having to go to the branch.

BPI. Good exchange rates as well. Can also pay many utility companies, send pesos to e wallets like gCash and send loads to phones. No fees either. Only drawback is you can’t use their mobile app to convert dollars to pesos (supposedly will be able to in the near future). 
For now you have to log onto their website. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Gator said:

BPI. Good exchange rates as well. Can also pay many utility companies, send pesos to e wallets like gCash and send loads to phones. No fees either. Only drawback is you can’t use their mobile app to convert dollars to pesos (supposedly will be able to in the near future). 

That will work. As long as I can access my dollar account online, and then convert to pesos and send to a peso account, I am good. We have a couple of BPI accounts, but no dollar account. I guess that is about to change. Thanks for the info.

Edited by StayAtHomeDad
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

They have a new version of the app that I have not installed yet.  Have you tried it?

Also, for the op, I used my BPI peso debit Mastercard in Malasia last week to withdraw at ATMs.  No fees and the exchange rate was better than money changers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1