Cordless Drill Recommendations

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Hi All.  I wasn't sure where to put this so mods move if appropriate. It's not really building or buying land but if that's where it ends up all good. 

Anyway, I need a cordless drill for stuff around the house.  It must be:

• Readily available in PI, whether that's Citi, Shopee or Lazada it doesn't matter,
  • Must be cordless, 
  • 15V or larger but 12V in a pinch,
  • Not a cheap throwaway or Chinese knockoff,
  • Capable of small jobs in concrete, cinder/besser/concrete bricks,
  • Reversable,
  • Keyless chuck, and
  • Less than 9k PHP (250AU).

Nice to have:

• Full set of common drill bits included preferably metric and ancient/archaic, and
  • Screw driver/Allen bits would be nice but I know that's unlikely. 

I used to have many and various power tools but it's been years since I've needed anything bigger than a Dremel so I'm very out of touch with what's available and capabilities so any assistance would be appreciated.  

Possum
Posted
Posted

Bosch 18v meets your requirements

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Possum said:

Bosch 18v meets your requirements

I second the Bosch based on one I have used but don't own.

Remember that I had a thread on drills.  Might have some good info there.  I no longer need to buy one.

• Like 1

Sailor Jerry
Posted
Posted
On 8/11/2023 at 8:13 AM, BrettGC said:

Hi All.  I wasn't sure where to put this so mods move if appropriate. It's not really building or buying land but if that's where it ends up all good. 

Anyway, I need a cordless drill for stuff around the house.  It must be:

• Readily available in PI, whether that's Citi, Shopee or Lazada it doesn't matter,
  • Must be cordless, 
  • 15V or larger but 12V in a pinch,
  • Not a cheap throwaway or Chinese knockoff,
  • Capable of small jobs in concrete, cinder/besser/concrete bricks,
  • Reversable,
  • Keyless chuck, and
  • Less than 9k PHP (250AU).

Nice to have:

• Full set of common drill bits included preferably metric and ancient/archaic, and
  • Screw driver/Allen bits would be nice but I know that's unlikely. 

I used to have many and various power tools but it's been years since I've needed anything bigger than a Dremel so I'm very out of touch with what's available and capabilities so any assistance would be appreciated.  

SF 6H-22 Cordless hammer drill driver - Cordless Drill Drivers - Hilti Philippines

Yes for me in the past, the Bosch is acceptable, mainly to give to my workers, but have used Hilti all my life & this one would be my recommendation for myself.. Pricing is usually not cheap but the things last if properly used & maintained. I see a rep driving around Angeles City a lot but not sure about if where you are @BrettGC  These things just don't quit. Good luck what ever you choose.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I bought a Makita about 3-4 years ago.  I (and my workers) have used it a lot with no issues.  Kit had a good selection of bits, twist, concrete, spade bits, drivers, etc.  Good value in my opinion.  My brother in the USA says this the drill many contractors are buying.  Picture of mine and current picture from Lazada.

IMG_20230613_070309.jpg

Screenshot_20230814_063535_com.lazada.android.jpg

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

I bought a Makita about 3-4 years ago.  I (and my workers) have used it a lot with no issues.  Kit had a good selection of bits, twist, concrete, spade bits, drivers, etc.  Good value in my opinion.  My brother in the USA says this the drill many contractors are buying.  Picture of mine and current picture from Lazada.

IMG_20230613_070309.jpg

Screenshot_20230814_063535_com.lazada.android.jpg

That's exactly the thing I'm after mate, I might up the budget a bit.