Can a 13a Visa be voluntarily revoked?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I don't really understand what you mean by a procedure in place.  It seems simple enough, you report during Jan/Feb and if you fail to you can do so when you do return you pay the 200php a month, or 2,000php a year.  It seems like Major Tom has described as much in his opening post. I can't see the BI passing up a chance to impose fines when they have every right to but you never know, miracles do happen!

As always, local differences may apply but when I found myself likely to be in this situation 4 or 5 years ago the Iloilo BI told me no problem, you can just report when you get back here...but remember there is a 200php fine for each month you're late.    

I think you are right.  I misread the PDF and was thinking back during Covid.  And Skippy referred to the 2021 FB post.  During Covid I think they were waving the fines as long as you reported within 30 days of arrival.  Many could not return to PH due to Covid restrictions. 

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think you are right.  I misread the PDF and was thinking back during Covid.  And Skippy referred to the 2021 FB post.  During Covid I think they were waving the fines as long as you reported within 30 days of arrival.  Many could not return to PH due to Covid restrictions. 

I believe this may have been the case but I'm certain that will no longer be the case and it's business as usual now.  

• Like 1

Major Tom
Posted
Posted

I truly appreciate all of the responses to my question. Now I have a very good idea of what I need to do.

• Like 1