Tacloban water shortage

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

I know in a lot of cities there is a loss from "leaks" which is staggering.  I remember one article said that the loss in their city was 40%.  I venture to assume it is like that in many places.  The poor attitude of quality workmanship is causing the issue.  I live in Ormoc City, Leyte.  It rains 268.6 days of the year but the water supply is off most of the time.  When the water is turned on, there is not enough pressure to even run a washing machine, nor fill up the toilet bowl.  All of this is amazing to me.  Obviously if this place was in a desert like environment, the people would be forced to change their attitude of workmanship or leave the area.  The other thing that I have noticed is that it seems none of the municipalities have water tanks in order to keep a constant supply, rather they expect everyone else to have their private tanks which most of the locals cannot afford.  Will circumstances be the same in another century?  I think unfortunately that it will.  Sometimes patience and acceptance does not lead to improvement.

• Like 5

Possum
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lee1154 said:

The other thing that I have noticed is that it seems none of the municipalities have water tanks in order to keep a constant supply, rather they expect everyone else to have their private tanks which most of the locals cannot afford.  Will circumstances be the same in another century?  I think unfortunately that it will.  Sometimes patience and acceptance does not lead to improvement.

There does seem a concerted effort to maintain the country's third world status.

• Love it 1
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Lee1154 said:

Sometimes patience and acceptance does not lead to improvement.

If I had a dollar for every time I say this to my wife...

• Love it 1

Sea Turtle
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Lee1154 said:

I know in a lot of cities there is a loss from "leaks" which is staggering.  I remember one article said that the loss in their city was 40%.  I venture to assume it is like that in many places.  The poor attitude of quality workmanship is causing the issue.  I live in Ormoc City, Leyte.  It rains 268.6 days of the year but the water supply is off most of the time.  When the water is turned on, there is not enough pressure to even run a washing machine, nor fill up the toilet bowl.  All of this is amazing to me.  Obviously if this place was in a desert like environment, the people would be forced to change their attitude of workmanship or leave the area.  The other thing that I have noticed is that it seems none of the municipalities have water tanks in order to keep a constant supply, rather they expect everyone else to have their private tanks which most of the locals cannot afford.  Will circumstances be the same in another century?  I think unfortunately that it will.  Sometimes patience and acceptance does not lead to improvement.

I have been to Ormoc(city of beautiful people).  They fill the tanks from the deep wells at night.  Then pump from the tanks.  When water is in short supply some of the valves get closed partially or completely.  The project to bring water from lake Danao still no budjet.  Some areas have had water off for a long time.   Some areas the water always works.  To be fair it also has something to do with elevation of the different areas; however Politicians all have water. 

• Like 1

Lee1154
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sea Turtle said:

I have been to Ormoc(city of beautiful people).  They fill the tanks from the deep wells at night.  Then pump from the tanks.  When water is in short supply some of the valves get closed partially or completely.  The project to bring water from lake Danao still no budjet.  Some areas have had water off for a long time.   Some areas the water always works.  To be fair it also has something to do with elevation of the different areas; however Politicians all have water. 

I do not doubt that the politicians all have water.  It kinda reminds me of Manila where they hardly ever have brown outs.