So that's what those are called - or maybe not

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I have several pictures that need to be frames and I needed those little triangle shapes metal bits that hold the glass in the frame.  Could no remember what they were called, but Google quickly told me they were called "points".  Go to Lazada search for "points".   Hmmm, nope that's not what I need, didn't even know they existed.  :89:  Glad I did not ask the neighbor.  Photo edited a bit to comply with forum rules.  

Screenshot_20230925_111005_com.lazada.android.jpg

• Haha 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted

image.jpeg

Frame Clips.

But, I much prefer your photo! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

I have several pictures that need to be frames and I needed those little triangle shapes metal bits that hold the glass in the frame.  Could no remember what they were called, but Google quickly told me they were called "points".  Go to Lazada search for "points".  

Don’t know if you’re still looking for them, but the type in the pic below are easier to use then the diamond shaped ones. Simply push in using a flat head screw driver. Can’t find them on Lazada or on ACE’s website in the Philippines, but show the pic to a glass shop, hardware store or a place that sells picture frames and they might be able to help you.  Can also always use very small finishing nails too (hold them with a pair of needle nose pliers and tap into place). 

IMG_2453.jpeg

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Stick to the points.  You guys are going way off topic.

I think I prefer the "Before" on the woman.  I don't know what to say about the man!  :shock_40_anim_gif:

22f1900f04b0721343f93e0f33145bfa.png_2200x2200q80.png_.webp

Hestecrefter
Posted
Posted

Me too, don't know if you are still looking.  But maybe what you really want are the "frame clips" shown by hk blues.  If you are working to install glass in a wooden frame, then you probably want what I learned to use as a kid if a blown tree branch busted a window at my granny's cottage during a storm. We called them "glazier's points".  The part that remained showing would get covered by putty once installed.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Could those could be new a type of PPE?  A lot of Filipinas are equipped in such a way that guy could get an eye poked...... by his wife for "observing".

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Hestecrefter said:

Me too, don't know if you are still looking.  But maybe what you really want are the "frame clips" shown by hk blues.  If you are working to install glass in a wooden frame, then you probably want what I learned to use as a kid if a blown tree branch busted a window at my granny's cottage during a storm. We called them "glazier's points".  The part that remained showing would get covered by putty once installed.

Yes, glazier points are what I need.  I will check with a glass shop.

Hestecrefter
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Yes, glazier points are what I need.  I will check with a glass shop.

Not sure where in Phils you are, but if in Manila, Iloilo or Palawan, maybe I can be a good sport bring you some when I get there in November. I have not used any for awhile, but more than likely have some in the workshop. 

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Hestecrefter said:

Not sure where in Phils you are, but if in Manila, Iloilo or Palawan, maybe I can be a good sport bring you some when I get there in November. I have not used any for awhile, but more than likely have some in the workshop. 

Wow Hesty,

I am very familiar with these from like the mid 60s into the 70s growing up in the far North East US.  Baseballs, rocks, over tossed newspapers, late-night party's in Victorian style houses with large brittle thin glassed & wooden frame windows. I remember learning how to do the process and the apply the glaze with a spatula and repaint and install. My biggest memory of this is "You Must Have the Correct Technica" to push these In or the glass would crack at the point of install.....Jeez 

• Like 1

Hestecrefter
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, MotorSarge said:

Wow Hesty,

I am very familiar with these from like the mid 60s into the 70s growing up in the far North East US.  Baseballs, rocks, over tossed newspapers, late-night party's in Victorian style houses with large brittle thin glassed & wooden frame windows. I remember learning how to do the process and the apply the glaze with a spatula and repaint and install. My biggest memory of this is "You Must Have the Correct Technica" to push these In or the glass would crack at the point of install.....Jeez 

Well, I have to admit having to repair maybe 1 or 2 windows I had a hand in breaking.  The other part of the process was learning to cut glass to fit.  Some places would custom cut for fee, but I learned to buy a large sheet and cut from it with one of those small cutters with the wheel on the end.  The trick was to make a swift stroke with the cutter then break the glass at the etched line while it was still "hot".  Delay usually meant destroying most of the sheet when you attempted to break off the piece you wanted.

• Like 1