helping a filipina widow in Davao with looking for a husband

Dirk
Posted
Posted

I was a bit unsure where to post this here. I have been on a few Asian Dating sites recently and I met a filipina there (Davao, widow, 48 yrs, 3 children) and she seems like a great person and very attractive too. I am friends with her on Facebook also. I think it would be great for her if she could get to know a man who's already living in Philippines (or is going to live there soon). 

So far on dating sites, she became quite disappointed. I met her on TxxxxxxFilipino.

My question is: what would be the best recommendation for her to find a man who is single and already (or soon to be) living in Philippines?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My suggestion is for you both to get off dating sites and enter the real world. Nothing else to say except what seems nice behind a screen and keyboard may not be. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dirk..... You got a clear answer please quit pushing this topic.

Promoting single Filipino's or Filipina's could be seen as a matchmaker and is not legal in Philippines. This forum respects and follows Philippines laws.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Promoting single Filipino's or Filipina's could be seen as a matchmaker and is not legal in Philippines.

wow, I didnt know that.  

• Like 1

Dirk
Posted
Posted

Ok. I am just trying to help her. I already told her now that once foreigners are living in Philippines, there's a general advise to stay away from dating sites. I just thought I could find some additional ideas here other than just asking around in the normal way, because I don't think that's going to be of any use for her. But thanks anyway. I will not post about this issue anymore here now.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for understanding Dirk. 

Please feel free to post any questions or observations you may have living in Philippines.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Having been in a similar boat where a local has asked me if I have any nice friends my only advice would be to steer clear. Just as many women have two sides to them so do many expats and how a friend treats me isn't necessarily how they will treat a partner.

What you see on the surface isn't always what the person is actually like. I'd hate to be the person held to blame if a relationship goes South, we all the know the saying " I married the love of my life and divorced a complete psycho." 

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

a local has asked me if I have any nice friends my only advice would be to steer clear.

Agreed,  big red flag.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Having been in a similar boat where a local has asked me if I have any nice friends my only advice would be to steer clear. Just as many women have two sides to them so do many expats and how a friend treats me isn't necessarily how they will treat a partner.

I have also been asked if I have single friends.  I tell them; "Yes, but none that are good enough for a good Filipina". 

• Love it 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I have also been asked if I have single friends.  I tell them; "Yes, but none that are good enough for a good Filipina". 

Lol I do much the same when one of my single western friends asks if we know any single women.   AM suggested a cousin for one of my cousins and I said nope, issues on both sides.  

Best not to get involved.  

• Like 3