Apple Computers

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

My Apple MacBook Pro is starting to act up after 13 years not bad considering.

While searching for a replacement I have found that Apple computers are priced beyond my budget, so I did a  search on marketplace where there is some bargains, too good to be true.

Are these computers Chinese copies? How do I know if they are when I check them out?

As some are still in boxes, or are my suspicions based on the the fact that I have been scammed so many times in the past here.

Cheers

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Big ticket items like that I only buy from legit, trusted sources.  Just say something goes wrong with the too-good-to-be-true product and you take it to the local Apple store and they inform you it's a knock-off?  

There's plenty of other brand options out there that will probably fit your budget.  Yes, I know it's going to be a familiarity issue but honestly, unless you're into sound/video/photo editing in a big way Apple is just not worth the money but financially it is worth a week or so of learning the Windows environment for the cost savings. 

Sometimes champagne taste with beer money means you have to have the Victoria Bitter. 

What's your budget?   

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

My Apple MacBook Pro is starting to act up after 13 years not bad considering.

While searching for a replacement I have found that Apple computers are priced beyond my budget, so I did a  search on marketplace where there is some bargains, too good to be true.

Are these computers Chinese copies? How do I know if they are when I check them out?

As some are still in boxes, or are my suspicions based on the the fact that I have been scammed so many times in the past here.

Cheers

They may not even be Chinese copies, they could be an empty box.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Big ticket items like that I only buy from legit, trusted sources.  Just say something goes wrong with the too-good-to-be-true product and you take it to the local Apple store and they inform you it's a knock-off?  

There's plenty of other brand options out there that will probably fit your budget.  Yes, I know it's going to be a familiarity issue but honestly, unless you're into sound/video/photo editing in a big way Apple is just not worth the money but financially it is worth a week or so of learning the Windows environment for the cost savings. 

Sometimes champagne taste with beer money means you have to have the Victoria Bitter. 

What's your budget?   

I have an Apple iPad and IPhone so over the years I have found it easier to backup my files and photos to my MacBook, I would not like to have to go back to the tedious Windows environment just too old for that shite.

Even taking screenshots is so much easier with macs let alone pasting to all over the place.

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

I have an Apple iPad and IPhone so over the years I have found it easier to backup my files and photos to my MacBook, I would not like to have to go back to the tedious Windows environment just too old for that shite.

Even taking screenshots is so much easier with macs let alone pasting to all over the place.

I’m the same. I don’t think I’d ever go back to using windows. Have you considered the new 15” Mac book air model? I’m considering it myself. I have an 8-9 year old Mac book pro and it’s getting close to the time for a new one. Not because I’m having any issues with it, more of a preference and preventative thing.  I don’t know if it’s possible to do here at an Apple Store, but even my old Mac book still has a good trade in value with Apple. I’ll be taking it back to the USA with me and might get a new one. I’m also waiting for Apple’s October release / announcement about Mac’s (looks like it might not happen until November though ) 

Edited by Gator

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gator said:

I’m the same. I don’t think I’d ever go back to using windows. Have you considered the new 15” Mac book air model? I’m considering it myself. I have an 8-9 year old Mac book pro and it’s getting close to the time for a new one. Not because I’m having any issues with it, more of a preference and preventative thing.  I don’t know if it’s possible to do here at an Apple Store, but even my old Mac book still has a good trade in value with Apple. I’ll be taking it back to the USA with me and might get a new one. I’m also waiting for Apple’s October release / announcement about Mac’s (looks like it might not happen until November though ) 

Thanks for the heads up, have you heard good things about Mac airs?  What’s the price range!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

I'm confused by this comment - on a Windows PC it's a matter of Windows Icon + PrtSc and hey presto your screenshot is saved into your pictures file.

How can anything be easier than that? 

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm confused by this comment - on a Windows PC it's a matter of Windows Icon + PrtSc and hey presto your screenshot is saved into your pictures file.

How can anything be easier than that? 

I just don’t like Windows period.

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

Thanks for the heads up, have you heard good things about Mac airs?  What’s the price range!

Lot of good reviews about it. Unless you’re a serious gamer or doing pro photo editing you may not need a Mac Book Pro model.  I bought mine because at the time I could write it off as a business expense. The Air model will suit my needs now. Price in the USA starts at 1,299.00 USD with 256gb memory. 

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-air

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 10/21/2023 at 11:08 AM, Onemore52 said:

I just don’t like Windows period.

Then I guess your options are limited.