Bacolod vs Iloilo healthcare

smallchungo
Posted
Posted

Currently looking to visit Iloilo, Bacolod, and Cebu for 2 weeks total and was wondering how healthcare quality compares between Iloilo and Bacolod (I’ve heard Cebu has a great hospital).  Healthcare quality is extremely important for me in my old age and I would prefer to be close to a good hospital if an emergency arises.  I am fine with taking the ferry to visit the other city but want to live on whichever side has the best hospitals.  Between Bacolod and Iloilo, which has the best hospitals/healthcare?  Any info ia greatly appreciated.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Smallchungo. :cheersty:

Cebu City has two hospitals that are Okay. Not sure about Iloilo or Bacolod.

• Thanks 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

Welcome smallchungo, 

Lots of info on this site, you just got to maneuver around in the topics/activity area.

Welcome by the way.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'm in iloilo.  I haven't any personal experience to offer save for a few minor things for my son and a couple of family members but we do have several sizable hospitals dotted around, including a couple of relatively new ones.  I'd be surprised if they were able to offer a full range of services that you would find in either Cebu or Manilla, perhaps even Davao, but I'm sure on a par with most other cities.  Bacolod is a bit bigger, perhaps 20% or so but I'm not sure how much this affects the healthcare provision.  

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 10/24/2023 at 11:41 AM, hk blues said:

Bacolod is a bit bigger, perhaps 20% or so but I'm not sure how much this affects the healthcare provision.  

Surprised to read this, I believed that Iloilo was considerably larger than Bacolod, as a resident of Bacolod and frequent visitor to Iloilo this was confirmed by my own experience. 

Although never been in a hospital in Iloilo I have had treatment here in Bacolod, like always we each have our personal experiences, mine are mostly positive here at my usual choice of hospitals. Like others have said anything major Cebu or Manila.

To the  OP feel free to PM me if any details required. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Surprised to read this, I believed that Iloilo was considerably larger than Bacolod, as a resident of Bacolod and frequent visitor to Iloilo this was confirmed by my own experience. 

Although never been in a hospital in Iloilo I have had treatment here in Bacolod, like always we each have our personal experiences, mine are mostly positive here at my usual choice of hospitals. Like others have said anything major Cebu or Manila.

To the  OP feel free to PM me if any details required. 

According to our friend Google -

Bacolod City - 561,875

Iloilo City - 447,992

Maybe depends on how the population is defined i.e. city v province.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, hk blues said:

According to our friend Google -

Bacolod City - 561,875

Iloilo City - 447,992

Maybe depends on how the population is defined i.e. city v province.

Well surprised, one thing indisputable is the amazing western style infrastructure in uptown  Iloilo, like a western city, highways traffic first class compared to run down bacolod.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Well surprised, one thing indisputable is the amazing western style infrastructure in uptown  Iloilo, like a western city, highways traffic first class compared to run down bacolod.

I've never been to Bacolod hence my hesitancy to say which is better but I can totally agree that Iloilo is a progressive city and offers most of what us foreigners are looking for.  

• Like 2

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I've never been to Bacolod hence my hesitancy to say which is better but I can totally agree that Iloilo is a progressive city and offers most of what us foreigners are looking for.  

agreed, I have been to Iloilo a couple times and really enjoyed it.  Actually found a GREAT restaurant with an incredible beer selection as well.   In addition, you can get fresh oysters I think at every single restaurant in the entire city.   I would actually consider living there.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

agreed, I have been to Iloilo a couple times and really enjoyed it.  Actually found a GREAT restaurant with an incredible beer selection as well.   In addition, you can get fresh oysters I think at every single restaurant in the entire city.   I would actually consider living there.

After every visit we also consider to move there. The one and for us possibly only downer is lack of nature nearby compared to Bacolod where from where we live we can be alone with pretty good nature, no garbage or people in  just in a few minutes. Plus all that is on offer in the Don Salvador region, Canlaon etc. This should be stacked up against the wonder facilities and semi western style living Iloilo can offer, especially the wonderful Esplanade.

• Like 2