United’s first direct US-Manila flight lands in Philippines

Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

MANILA, Philippines – United Airlines (United) flight UA-191 landed in Manila early Monday morning, October 30, marking the first-ever nonstop flight by a United States carrier from continental US to the Philippines.   Read more.        https://www.rappler.com/business/united-airlines-first-direct-us-manila-flight-lands-philippines/   

The flight, which had a full passenger and cargo load, arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 at 5:20 am, carrying 325 passengers. The next flight back to San Francisco with 334 passengers was scheduled to depart from Manila at 9:55 am, Monday with the estimated time of arrival in the US at 7:20 am, Monday.

Here is the schedule of United’s flights:

Flight Departure time Arrival time
UA190 Manila – 9:55 am San Francisco – 6:20 am
UA191 San Francisco – 11:35 pm Manila – 6:50 am
Edited by Lee
  • Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Lee said:

Here is the schedule of United’s flights:

Flight Departure time Arrival time
UA190 Manila – 9:55 am San Francisco – 6:20 am
UA191 San Francisco – 11:35 pm Manila – 6:50 am

I'll be flying that route soon - MNL/SFO then back again in December.

IMHO unless Philippine Airlines reduces its rates to be competitive, and upgrades its aging fleet, they will loose a substantial amount of business. When I booked my flight last month United's fare was almost 700 USD less then PA's. Plus, as I mentioned in another thread, with United I'm able fly into Tampa (very close to where I'm staying) whereas PA doesn't offer that option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lee
Posted
Posted

A few years ago, I was scheduled for the PAL nonstop LA to Manila morning flight. There wasn't enough passengers for this flight so everyone was booted to the evening flight. Spent 12 hrs or so sitting around the PAL lounge waiting for my new flight. Aggravating for sure. 

• Sad 1

driveallnight
Posted
Posted (edited)

Same exact thing happened to me flying out of SFO this past March, Lee. That was the last straw for me re flying PAL internationally.

Did SFO/MNL in both May and September via EVA Air. Had to make a stop in Taipei for a couple hours, but exactly zero problems on either trip with EVA.

Edited by driveallnight

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Especially, Gator, I think y'all need to read the fine print!

MANILA, Philippines – United Airlines (United) flight UA-191 landed in Manila early Monday morning, October 30, marking the first-ever nonstop electric powered flight by a United States carrier from continental US to the Philippines. 

• Haha 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Especially, Gator, I think y'all need to read the fine print!

MANILA, Philippines – United Airlines (United) flight UA-191 landed in Manila early Monday morning, October 30, marking the first-ever nonstop electric powered flight by a United States carrier from continental US to the Philippines. 

It’s ok Don, I have access to their biz class lounge so I’ll be juiced up for my flight. 🤣

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gator said:

It’s ok Don, I have access to their biz class lounge so I’ll be juiced up for my flight. 🤣

I'd be more worried about the plane being juiced up! :hystery:

• Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I'd be more worried about the plane being juiced up! :hystery:

Or the pilots. :cheersty:

• Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Or the pilots. :cheersty:

OY! I resemble that remark:dance:

• Haha 2

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
On 10/30/2023 at 4:47 PM, Gator said:

I'll be flying that route soon - MNL/SFO then back again in December.

IMHO unless Philippine Airlines reduces its rates to be competitive, and upgrades its aging fleet, they will loose a substantial amount of business. When I booked my flight last month United's fare was almost 700 USD less then PA's. Plus, as I mentioned in another thread, with United I'm able fly into Tampa (very close to where I'm staying) whereas PA doesn't offer that option.

I checked their prices yesterday and did not really find them cheaper for a round trip direct flight LA/SF to Manila, about $1300/1400usd ?

• Like 1