Visa online and fees update

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I tried the online visa renewal yesterday.  The first try failed as I did not receive a code for payment but that was my fault when l realized l had no signal. After that E-services seemed to block me but a few hours later l was back in and completed successfully.

Had to check later to see if the renewal was completed and it was the next day

The issue is that I paid P7603.28 which seemed high but it included the ARC card which was due. But after checking the completed transaction and downloading the visa receipt the price was lower but the money was already taken. The total cost on the receipt was P6028

There were no express lane fees but a new fee called a certificate of residence for temporary visitors.

So how do I get my P 1575.28 overpaid money back? 

Viisa renew - Copy.PNG  feess.PNG

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

Lee
Posted
Posted

Not an expert--------but a cursory inspection noted that online visa processing fees can cost between $20-60.

Does Maya also have fees? IDK.

How did you get a BI (not NBI) certificate for your ACR?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Lee said:

Not an expert--------but a cursory inspection noted that online visa processing fees can cost between $20-60.

Does Maya also have fees? IDK.

How did you get a BI (not NBI) certificate for your ACR?

Actually found a second page on the receipt that accounted for the extra money and it was express lane fees. I do not think there is any extra cost to do it online.

Your last question if understood correctly its the same as going to an office but l got the receipts and certificate to say l am not wanted etc by Email to download.

The only thing is next time I will do it at the office to pick up the ARC card which you nominate which office pick it up.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

it was express lane fees.

So you do this yourself but still have to pay "express lane fees "......can only shake head laugh and smile......boys at BI must be patting themselves on the back for their imagination and creativity, or lack thereof.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Freebie said:

So you do this yourself but still have to pay "express lane fees "......can only shake head laugh and smile......boys at BI must be patting themselves on the back for their imagination and creativity, or lack thereof.

It's not really any more ridiculous then the express lane fees when you go to the offices - there is no option not to take this "option" and what exactly is express about it?  At least that's the case in my local BI.

• Like 1

Lee
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Your last question if understood correctly its the same as going to an office but l got the receipts and certificate to say l am not wanted etc by Email to download.

Ok.

The last ACR that I did (pre Covid) required that I apply for a BI cert (not NBI cert) in person in Manilla.

Perhaps things have now changed for the better.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It's not really any more ridiculous then the express lane fees when you go to the offices - there is no option not to take this "option" and what exactly is express about it?  At least that's the case in my local BI.

They would be better off to roll those fees into the existing fee schedule.   Having an "express line fee" when there is no express line kind of makes it look like a rip-off.  Maybe in the beginning maybe it really speeded the process, but now it just seem to make people roll their eyes.   My opinion of course.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

They would be better off to roll those fees into the existing fee schedule.   Having an "express line fee" when there is no express line kind of makes it look like a rip-off.  Maybe in the beginning maybe it really speeded the process, but now it just seem to make people roll their eyes.   My opinion of course.

Wasn't it something to do with allowing the BI staff to share the express fees as some kind of overtime payment?

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Wasn't it something to do with allowing the BI staff to share the express fees as some kind of overtime payment?

More like Christmas party celebrations fees, thank you do come again. :cheersty:

:28:

• Haha 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Nearly all of the fee goes to their 'overtime pay' that's why they were all resigning when it was removed for a while a few years ago.

• Like 1