6 month visas

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

A couple of weeks ago I went to the nearby BOI office to get another 2 month tourist visa extension.

In filling out the form I crossed both boxes for 2 month and 6 month extensions, see what happens  I thought.

The boss lady came to ask me some questions:-

1. Are you married here- NO

2. Are you the father of any children with your partner?  - NO.

The boss lady just  said "If you had answered yes to either of those 2 questions I would give you a 6 month tourist visa extension but unfortunately I can only give you 2 months".

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah, it's been the case for a couple of months now.  It's temporary apparently but we'll see what happens.  For those about to extend, take your marriage cert with you if you want 6 months.  I've heard stories of still being only able to get the 2 months but others have been fine.  Depends on the office it seems. 

I should be on my probationary 13a by the time my next extension rolls around.

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...
TrevorH
Posted
Posted

Sponsor noted that he might have got a 6 month extension if he were the father of his partner's child.

Is anybody able to confirm if that is indeed the case?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Check my post in the other thread you created, but to reiterate:  6 month extensions are only available at Manila main office or if you arrived on a Balikbayan.  Annoying as it is, at the end of the day even with the changes it's much simpler than most countries to stay up to 3 years as a tourist I reckon.  Cross-border visa runs as often as monthly in some countries. 

Glass is half-full. 

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

There is conflicting information but some people claim to have been able to get 6 month visa extensions online...

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

It’s magical.

• Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
On 4/5/2024 at 7:07 AM, BrettGC said:

Check my post in the other thread you created, but to reiterate:  6 month extensions are only available at Manila main office or if you arrived on a Balikbayan.  Annoying as it is, at the end of the day even with the changes it's much simpler than most countries to stay up to 3 years as a tourist I reckon.  Cross-border visa runs as often as monthly in some countries. 

Glass is half-full. 

I couldn’t get a six month visa when I was doing my 13a visa and I was  on balikbayan visa. Two months was all I could get, don’t forget the staff get the 500 p 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Clermont said:

I couldn’t get a six month visa when I was doing my 13a visa and I was  on balikbayan visa. Two months was all I could get, don’t forget the staff get the 500 p 

A couple of guys that entered on Balikbayan that I know had no issues extending for 6 months in Dumaguete; yet another YMMV situation...

It'd be nice just once, to see a policy consistently and universally followed.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

A couple of guys that entered on Balikbayan that I know had no issues extending for 6 months in Dumaguete; yet another YMMV situation...

It'd be nice just once, to see a policy consistently and universally followed.

Sadly I think the satellite offices make their own rules up. 

I'm my days of doing extensions I was refused a 6 month extension even though they had the executive order pinned on the wall authorising 6 months. I pointed it out to the officer who just said " My office, my rules. " 

All about the Express Fee no doubt. 

• Like 5

P_X
Posted
Posted

I just got the 6 months. I'm married.  They asked if I had my marriage certificate..I didn't.  They gave it to me anyway. Maybe because I was holding my baby 😂

Several people on my Facebook page and YouTube channel have replied they got 6 months and aren't married.  On the same token,  others have said they could only get the 2 months.  

Guess it's hit or miss 😂 

• Like 2