Confronting mass stupidity

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, hk blues said:

Isn't it the same everywhere, just the extent to which the elites get their own way varies?

I'm pretty sure the British Royal Family, for example, would be happy enough if we were all still agricultural workers and not giving them gyp!

Yes, of course, a little bit everywhere, but third world countries with reduced freedoms have it the worst, and it is so entrenched that digging out of it seems hopeless.

I think the RBF realized at some point they had to change the system or the country could not compete and progress.  Were most of the changes around the time of the industrial revolution?

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, of course, a little bit everywhere, but third world countries with reduced freedoms have it the worst, and it is so entrenched that digging out of it seems hopeless.

I think the RBF realized at some point they had to change the system or the country could not compete and progress.  Were most of the changes around the time of the industrial revolution?

Yep, as I said the degree varies.

As for the UK Royals - I guess they changed their perspective, or rather had it changed for them, around 1689 with the Bill of Rights which very much clipped their wings.  As an aside, this was also the act that prevented Roman Catholics from succession to the throne.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 12/20/2023 at 8:32 AM, Lee1154 said:

IF the education problem was solved tomorrow, what opportunities inside the country would be available to the students?

None, which proves the point that there isn't any "problem."  The country thrives in the service industry, the idea that some people are still using 'standardized tests' of Western education as a barometer is laughable.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Related to the topic of stupidity....

Getting coffee at Okada this morning, I noticed a worker busy on his phone😂🤣😂

IMG_20231224_104426.jpg