ATM No Money Given, Money Deducted

Rooster
Posted
Posted
On 12/23/2023 at 12:15 AM, OnMyWay said:

Looking for advice.  Went to my BPI branch ATM at 2235.  Tried 20k on one machine.  Didn't work, error.  Tried 10k on next machine.  Didn't work.  This is my BPI debit Mastercard.

Got home and had e-mail alerts saying both were successful.  Checked BPI online and they have been deducted.

They were actually have Christmas party inside branch while I was there.  I know the manager and have texted him.

Called the Manila # and finally got through option 5.  He it should be option 1.  Tried that and it asked for 11 digit access code and pin.  I have no idea what an 11 digit access code it.

Any experiences to share?

Happened to me as well. P20k at BPI. Bank Manager said keep the ATM receipt, bring it in the next business day after they audit that machine. I did, the audit showed the ATM had an extra P20k and they gave me the P20k.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Slightly off subject but I ordered a credit card just so I have a footprint in the system as from UK experience trying to get your first credit card can be a pain, it took over one year for the card to finally arrive minus a pin number. I contacted the bank and they assured me one had been sent two weeks prior and should be with me soon.  After two months and no pin I contacted them again and they assured me they wil cancel the first pin and express a new pin to me.  Three days later a pin arrived which I though was strange but never used the card anyway. About three days ago which is a further two months down the line the second pin arrived.

I figured I'd better try the new card and pin out so went to the SM store and loaded up on groceries, I was armed with both pins and cash just in case. The cashier swiped my card and just handed me a receipt, no pin or signature, ID check or anything.  It never exactly instilled confidence in the card. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
On 12/24/2023 at 3:00 PM, Rooster said:

Happened to me as well. P20k at BPI. Bank Manager said keep the ATM receipt, bring it in the next business day after they audit that machine.

That’s a good reason to click ‘print receipt’! Most times I don’t bother but I will from now on.

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 12/24/2023 at 3:00 PM, Rooster said:

Happened to me as well. P20k at BPI. Bank Manager said keep the ATM receipt, bring it in the next business day after they audit that machine. I did, the audit showed the ATM had an extra P20k and they gave me the P20k.

Considering the technology available it seems such a primitive way of deciding whether to refund or not. There may have been more than one such incident,  or a compensating one which leaves the machine balanced. 

Surely they have the tech to know if cash was dispensed or not?

By coincidence,  on a Scottish football forum this very topic came up and an 'insider' posted that the bank will refund the money without doing any checks as it costs more to check than the amount involved. The caveat being this would only apply if it was the 1st time the customer claimed. Makes sense.

Edited by hk blues
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

That’s a good reason to click ‘print receipt’! Most times I don’t bother but I will from now on.

I always do but the option is often not available. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Sorry sir, receipt is out of stock. :whistling:

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

is out of stock. :whistling:

a common thing at PNB :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah ATM,s are good at that but when I come home I always check the balance 

hk blues
Posted
Posted

On the few occasions I haven't has my money dispensed I've almost always had a receipt (I think once not and I checked balance immediately) and there is either the word 'error' or something like 'do not honor ' to confirm there was a problem.