A day after resigning as traffic chief, Gealon sums it up: 'So much to be done.'

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kingpin said:

It won't be solved for you because there's no financial incentive. But you can partly solve it yourself, in the city at least, by getting goods delivered to you. Let the delivery drivers deal with traffic.

I actually dont mind driving.  Drive on roads like EDSA or C5 with the best of them.  Of course I try to avoid times I know there will be traffic.   

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

I actually dont mind driving.  Drive on roads like EDSA or C5 with the best of them.  Of course I try to avoid times I know there will be traffic.   

Unfortunately traffic in Cebu City is almost a 24x7 problem.  It has gotten so bad that we hire a car and driver when we need to go to the city.

• Sad 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Unfortunately traffic in Cebu City is almost a 24x7 problem.  It has gotten so bad that we hire a car and driver when we need to go to the city.

where I live now, I really have no traffic to contend with, and I am rather enjoying that.

• Like 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Im thinking of doing the same thing. Friday we went into the city. 4 hours from the SRP to SM Sea side. Fun time.....

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

Im thinking of doing the same thing. Friday we went into the city. 4 hours from the SRP to SM Sea side. Fun time.....

how far is it?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

how far is it?

A bit less than 3 km. 

• Haha 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Mike J said:

A bit less than 3 km. 

WHAT THE HECK!!!!!   OMFG.    Screw that, I would walk

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

I don't particularly like driving here but can tolerate it as I actually enjoy going out, shopping, eating in restaurants etc etc so it's a sacrifice I'm more than willing to make. 

Then again  I don't live in a city where it takes an hour to drive a km!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

WHAT THE HECK!!!!!   OMFG.    Screw that, I would walk

Agree, Google maps says you can walk it in 31 minutes.   

• Like 3

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2023 at 10:12 AM, Mike J said:
On 12/31/2023 at 10:07 AM, craftbeerlover said:

how far is it?

A bit less than 3 km. 

actually we were heading into the city so it was around 10km. so about 2.5 km per hour. There was a hot girl on the back of a motorcycle for 20 minutes or so, but the rest of the time i was just trying to stay awake.

Edited by gbmmbg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2