Can't we look any better than a banana republic?

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Bullshit

Yup, but many people read BS like this and regurgitate it as fact.....   False beliefs create true realities 

• Love it 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, scott h said:

Be so flipping cool to have a PX and a commissary without having to fly to Guam.

Thats one hell of a PX & Commissary run..:hystery:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, MotorSarge said:

Thats one hell of a PX & Commissary run

My BIL once worked at the Phil embassy there, so we flew to visit a couple of times. If you have not been there Sarge,,it is a REALLY nice place. Quiet, clean, tourism based economy so they treat you right. Air Force and Navy PX and commissaries. But the BIGGIST draw, they have a Taco Bell!!! :hystery:

The only drawback is that it is more expensive than here. Not quite stateside prices but more than Phil prices.....oh and the speed limit is 25 MPH island wide (on the Air Base its 30 MPH, go figure:89:). It is hilarious to see the russian tourist rent a 5.0 litre mustang and putt putt around the island.

I would highly recommend a visit there.

• Like 1

Avalon
Posted
Posted

Fortunately we don't have war risk here aside from the sabre rattling over Taiwan - which will return to China within a few years time without a shot being fired.

The harassment of fishermen and Philippines military over the shoals and structures in the South China Sea is a concern but BBM has access to the Chinese leadership by virtue of his father's actions that no other President has had since and "should" be able to resolve this amicably.

Of course if we load up with US bases and the US chooses to start a war with China we are ground zero collateral damage - a Chinese Navy Admiral opined a few years ago that they always have a Dongfeng nuclear missile pointed at Subic Bay as there is always a US warship or submarine there.

Clermont
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Avalon said:

- a Chinese Navy Admiral opined a few years ago that they always have a Dongfeng nuclear missile pointed at Subic Bay as there is always a US warship or submarine there.

That was a few years back, I don't believe the PI's, or the USA are too worried about Nukes from any country. Any country that goes down the Nuke path had better have deep bunkers for their population.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 1/6/2024 at 10:34 AM, MotorSarge said:

Your right...All for show....Close expedient active presence in itself is a "Close Active Lethal Force." 

Name another country besides Brittain & (Israel) that can deploy As much, As fast, As lethal, As Silent, As much Equipment...etc.

Pull Over Bro....you've been asleep under the coconut trees for far too long.

Sadly the military and in particular the penny pinchers have had a wake up call with the advent of drones both airborne and sea borne. The latest computer simulations I've been seeing is showing main players sending hundreds of drones at the Carrier Battle Groups, for the price of a few million they can use up all the defensive weapon systems in the fleet then finish them off with a few precision guided missiles. Get your aircraft in the air to defend you and have no where left for them to land.  

How would you defend against a few hundred submarine drones?  Just send them on their way and forget about them, sit back and watch the firework display. I'm afraid the days of large battle groups may be numbered and the action of the Houthis in the Red Sea has certainly put the wind up the US Navy.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

I agree with you.

That is why we must go on a serious offensive or tuck tail and run :89:

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, MotorSarge said:

I agree with you.

That is why we must go on a serious offensive or tuck tail and run :89:

The option they are going for is to threaten surface attacks in Iran and the Yemen which could up the anti a bit. Interesting times ahead.

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

Yep..yep..

No Doubt our....CIAGs with SOFGs are smoking these amateurs.